Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Chun-Li

ExtremeJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By ExtremeJesus

Hi Guys. I'm a street fighter noob (well haven't played any for the past 10 years) and was just wondering if anyone had any tips for playing Chun-Li?

ShiroMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ShiroMe

Don't. Too much work for not enough power.

supersatanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By supersatanic

Yeah I have one: Spam down forward+ kick again and again. Chun li will just jump over your opponent to the other side and then you can hit him or spam the move again to jump back. It's very responsive so spam as fast as you can Even good players become confused for a while . Plus if you deliver about 4-5 in quick succesion, its easy to stun.

Go try it.

supersatanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By supersatanic
    ShiroMe said:
    "

Don't. Too much work for not enough power.

"
    Not enough power?  I disagree,my friend.
    Her kicks are razor sharp accurate,can be dealt in quick succesion  very easily, and are pretty devastating. I suggest you train with her

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By ImperiousRix

Be patient and use her excellent reach in conjunction with fireballs to keep enemies at range.  Her jumping hard punch target combo is great for jump-ins, and her air-throw helps bolster her somewhat lacking anti-air.  Her spinning bird kick isn't great and can be difficult to combo into, but her EX version of this move is great for jump-ins and wake ups as well as comboing.
    Don't bother using her Super, and her Ultra is difficult to set-up, but because it has great range and can go through projectiles, use it against fireball spammers.
    I've been using Chun as my second main for the last week and I really like her.

ExtremeJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ExtremeJesus

Thanks for the advice. I'll have a play around and see how I get on. I've been practicing in single player but I can't get a Gold subscription til next month so I think that's when I'm gonna really find out how I fare. Just trying to get my Street Fighter theory up while I wait. I quite fancy getting good at it which is something I've never truly mastered with a fighting game before. Guess only time will tell.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By StaticFalconar

You could be like Justin Wong and rape Sagat here.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TriangleHard

Chun-Li is easy to use.

Her normals do a lot of damage and it's quick.

Just mix it up a lot. Her d/f HK catches people off -guard a lot. Her LP fireball is slow enough to catch up with dash, so you can land extra hit using qcb + K, c.HK, or throw.

Keep pressuring with her and you will do fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.