Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Madcatz Fightpad

QuattroRS6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By QuattroRS6

Anyone using it?  I have no room for a fighstick so the pad is best for my setup.  Does it work with other games or will i be switching back and forth?  I'm really just looking for some feedback from people who use it and weather or not its good.  Jeff likes his and i've heard it compared to a sega saturn controller(any truth to that?)

Thanks for your opinions

beemer87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By beemer87

im wondering the same thing

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By alexl86

I thought about spending some of my hard earned money on a fight stick or fightpad, but I bought skate 2 instead. I'll make due with the 360 controller. I'm more accustomed to a controller anyway, so the stick would probably not help me at all.

Kajaah117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Kajaah117

It has no analog sticks so it definitely will not work with any game that requires those. But for any D-Pad focused games, like I don't know... fighting games, it should work just fine. Other than analog sticks, the controller has every other button found on a normal 360 pad, but rearranged differently.

No Caption Provided

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By ImperiousRix

This one I'm looking at more than the fightstick, mainly just because the stick is so much money.
    Personally, though, I'm a little leary to change since I've been playing with the traditional 360 controller so much, it might throw off my game to switch now.

Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mercator

I love mine.

Special moves are much easier to pull off than the 360 controller and the pad feels fine to me, though some have complained its too light.

I lose about 60% of the matches i play online...player or ranked.

I am not good at this game and have little desire to put the time in..but for my casual hop on, pick Dan, have fun style it works great

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImperiousRix
    Mercator said:
    "I love mine.Special moves are much easier to pull off than the 360 controller and the pad feels fine to me, though some have complained its too light. I lose about 60% of the matches i play online...player or ranked. I am not good at this game and have little desire to put the time in..but for my casual hop on, pick Dan, have fun style it works great"

Hey, my win percentage is only about 40% as well, but I still have fun regardless and feel every match, win or lose, I'm getting a little better.
    QuattroRS6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By QuattroRS6

Nice thanks everyone.  It does look like the old Saturn controller which means awesome for fighters.  Now i have to hunt one down.

Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mercator
    ImperiousRix said:
    "Mercator said:
    "I love mine.Special moves are much easier to pull off than the 360 controller and the pad feels fine to me, though some have complained its too light. I lose about 60% of the matches i play online...player or ranked. I am not good at this game and have little desire to put the time in..but for my casual hop on, pick Dan, have fun style it works great"
    Hey, my win percentage is only about 40% as well, but I still have fun regardless and feel every match, win or lose, I'm getting a little better."
    There needs to be more players like us...I swear everyone takes this game as serious as the holocaust.

I couldnt give a shit less if I win or lose...to me its just a joy to play the game.
    RBolduc625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By RBolduc625

I agree it's a joy. But any tips for someone like me... I'm at about an 18 percent win rate. Everyone just says practice practice practice, but every time I'm pitted with someone who "matches my skill" they're always about 2000 BP higher than me and wipe the floor with me. Where can I practice if i can't even move hahah?

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ImperiousRix
    RBolduc625 said:
    "I agree it's a joy. But any tips for someone like me... I'm at about an 18 percent win rate. Everyone just says practice practice practice, but every time I'm pitted with someone who "matches my skill" they're always about 2000 BP higher than me and wipe the floor with me. Where can I practice if i can't even move hahah?"

I'd say play Player Matches, find a guy who you can stand toe to toe with, and just play match after match after match against them.  Try out different guys until you figure out who you're decently competent with and play multiple matches with them.  Don't be afraid to bail out in a few matches if the guy is utterly kicking your ass.
    Trying out Trials and going through Arcade on a bit of a more difficult level than you're used to can also help you to understand your fav character better and can help you astoundingly in online.
    Farley_Lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Farley_Lives

http://www.giantbomb.com/street-fighter-iv/61-20456/just-got-my-madcatz-fightpad-today-short-review-inside/35-231202/#12
    Even Bumped it for you

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.