Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

My orchestra director is WAY into street fighter IV

dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dipstick

So.....I was in my orchestra director's office today just sitting there talking (I get out of school early so I like hanging out in there) and I decided to pull out my laptop and started playing street fighter 3. He heard me playing it and I showed him all the street fighters I had on my laptop and we started talking. He was telling me about how he LOVES ken and naturally I had the same re-action most of you had when you read that. But the started telling me about how he loved playing Street fighter 2 turbo back in the arcades and he apparently had been playing street fighter for years. Then the conversation turned and we talked about the Super Nintendo and etc. 

The point being,I was very surprised that  my Director had any gaming experience at all,let alone still played street fighter.

So,do any of you guys have any friends who seem way to old to be playing street fighter who are playing Street Fighter IV?
    (Giant bomb users don't count,they are a special breed of people)

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By AndrewGaspar

How old is he?

dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dipstick
    AndrewGaspar said:
    "How old is he?"
    36-38 somewhere in that area,the thing that just surprised  me is that he acts like hes never seen a video game in his life but he knows quite a bit about them
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    Dipstick said:
    "AndrewGaspar said:
    "How old is he?"
    36-38 somewhere in that area,the thing that just surprised  me is that he acts like hes never seen a video game in his life but he knows quite a bit about them "
    Kind of reminds me of my dad... He was the master of Galaga in the arcades when he was a kid. He didn't play video games for a long time. Then he started playing some Army Men games and Star Wars games on the N64 and some single player games on the PS2 (Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Star Wars Battlefront). Now he's really into Call of Duty 4 online. He got level 55 Gold Cross about a month ago and then made a new PSN Account to start over from scratch. =P

Speaking of my dad's mastery of Galaga, we were at M.G.M. Studios a couple years ago in Florida and in one of the restaurants they had a Galaga machine. He set the hi-score on that machine.
    prinny_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By prinny_god

35 is the average age of videogame players

ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By ZmillA

where in that story do we learn that he is "way into streetfighter IV" ?

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By StaticFalconar

He ain't that old, in fact most people in the Halo generation never played an SF game before 4.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By crunchUK

lol

my orchestra conductor is not. nd he doesn't have his own "office" either

dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dipstick
    ZmillA said:
    "where in that story do we learn that he is "way into streetfighter IV" ?"
    ^.^

I forgot to mention we talked about combos into special,how he thought SFIV didn't "feel" quite right in his opinion and the importance of the focus attack dash cancel
    dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dipstick
    crunchUK said:
    "lolmy orchestra conductor is not. nd he doesn't have his own "office" either"
    My orchestra has 2 directors :P and both have their own office :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.