Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Ryu

j0nnyDiGITAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By j0nnyDiGITAL

Not working out so well. I think I will be stuck with Rog for a while....unless a certain refined gentlemen with a rose can persuade me otherwise.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Stang

I thought your Ryu was pretty good tonight. It is hard for Ryu, the world is populated with too damn many and those of us who play shit loads know all his tricks.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By turbomonkey138

There are too many Ry's in this world . Play Guile :)

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#4  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I main Ryu and wish that I could use someone else effectively. But sadly, he is both the most straightforward and easy to use character in the roster, which is why I use him in the first place. Be a man and use Seth, Rose, or Gouken because I haven't seen anyone use those guys ever.

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By sfighter21
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    " I main Ryu and wish that I could use someone else effectively. But sadly, he is both the most straightforward and easy to use character in the roster, which is why I use him in the first place. Be a man and use Seth, Rose, or Gouken because I haven't seen anyone use those guys ever. "
    Rose IS my main.  She is at the top of the character usage at around 2000...then it is Abel around 1300, Cammy, Chun-li, and then Guile (like 100 uses, lol).  It is NEVER an easy win for her......unless the person is a complete scrub, haha.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Scooper
    @sfighter21 said:
    " @ArbitraryWater said:
    " I main Ryu and wish that I could use someone else effectively. But sadly, he is both the most straightforward and easy to use character in the roster, which is why I use him in the first place. Be a man and use Seth, Rose, or Gouken because I haven't seen anyone use those guys ever. "
    Rose IS my main.  She is at the top of the character usage at around 2000...then it is Abel around 1300, Cammy, Chun-li, and then Guile (like 100 uses, lol).  It is NEVER an easy win for her......unless the person is a complete scrub, haha. "
    I main Rose AND Seth so I guess I'm pretty awesome.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stang

Wins are hard for Vega, comparatively Rose might as well be Sagat.

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sfighter21
    @Scooper:    Haha, word.  Are you the Run away seth, or the in your face seth?

@Stang:   Well, that's true.  What could they possibly do in SSFIV to make him pose a threat?
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Stang
    @sfighter21: Buff his body out a bit, give him an eye patch and call him Evil Sagat. I dunno, even with a n overhead and a better ultra it will still be a struggle. 

Props on using Rose, she can be tough as hell in the right hands. I played Saqs a while back, that dude destroyed my Ken. It was awful!
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Scooper
    @sfighter21 said:
    " @Scooper:    Haha, word.  Are you the Run away seth, or the in your face seth?

@Stang:   Well, that's true.  What could they possibly do in SSFIV to make him pose a threat? "
    Depends. Are you a masher or not? If you're not I'll go more for the risky interesting mixup and combos. If you are I'll be as safe as I can and only attack when it's certain it's safe. I won't do any link combos if you're mashing because it's too risky. If you're Zangief I'll block and jump off the walls all day mother effer.
    sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sfighter21
    @Stang said:
    " @sfighter21: Buff his body out a bit, give him an eye patch and call him Evil Sagat. I dunno, even with a n overhead and a better ultra it will still be a struggle.   Props on using Rose, she can be tough as hell in the right hands. I played Saqs a while back, that dude destroyed my Ken. It was awful! "
    Haha, yeah I wanted to try and see where my Abel stacked against him...he won 10-0, lol. 

@Scooper:   Yeah, anytime I come across Gief, that is when I keep go to the run and throw soul sparks all day!!  lol.  It mostly consists of me trying to bait him in jumping and or using a green hand...I can usually punish both...
    citizenjp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By citizenjp

Fei Long all day. :D

Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Necrotrophic

im an ex ryu player myself. i just got sick of everyone playing him. it got mad boring seeing two ryus on the screen and overall i just got sick of him. I played Chun Li a bit and decided to really give her a go, and really liked her. Now I just think Ryu is too slooooooooww

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Scooper
    @sfighter21 said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @sfighter21: Buff his body out a bit, give him an eye patch and call him Evil Sagat. I dunno, even with a n overhead and a better ultra it will still be a struggle.   Props on using Rose, she can be tough as hell in the right hands. I played Saqs a while back, that dude destroyed my Ken. It was awful! "
    Haha, yeah I wanted to try and see where my Abel stacked against him...he won 10-0, lol. 

@Scooper:   Yeah, anytime I come across Gief, that is when I keep go to the run and throw soul sparks all day!!  lol.  It mostly consists of me trying to bait him in jumping and or using a green hand...I can usually punish both... "
    I only really throw soul sparks at Gief if he's at 3/4 to full screen. Her soul spark is so lame (not the actual projectile, that's deceptively good) so you gotta be really careful about him jumping over it.
    j0nnyDiGITAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By j0nnyDiGITAL

It's not working out super well. I don't want to just quit like this but I feel like I'm not making great progress. 

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Stang
    @j0nnyDiGITAL: Vids are all up on my channel if you want to see them.
    j0nnyDiGITAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By j0nnyDiGITAL
    @Stang: Thanks! I'll probably use these to analyze my rather bad Ryu play.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Stang
    @j0nnyDiGITAL: No problem. Again, your Ryu is not bad. If you put in the time with him like you did Rog, you would be an absolute beast. Real talk.
    Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sometimes i have days where i beat more people with dan than ryu, just because hes less predictable

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AniMoney

Yeah I think your Rog was better than your Ryu. Like you said, might just be that you have an innate skill with charge characters.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Belonpopo
    @turbomonkey138: 

There are too many Ry's in this world .  

The very reason I don't master Ryu and I moved on, I like playing the less used characters in any fighting game. I brings orginality(sp?) into my gameplay.  

EDIT: Fuck that I've deciced to main Ryu
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By dbz1995

I main Chuck Norris. I never lose.

j0nnyDiGITAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By j0nnyDiGITAL
    @Belonpopo said:
    " @turbomonkey138: 

There are too many Ry's in this world .  

The very reason I don't master Ryu and I moved on, I like playing the less used characters in any fighting game. I brings orginality(sp?) into my gameplay.  "
    This is a very interesting discussion. Personally I believe that there is value in picking a character based on what you like as opposed to choosing a character that's not popular. To me that's just limiting the knowledge you can gain. It's like you're restraining what potential you may have. The reason I switched was because I knew the potential was there to become decent with another character.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By demontium
    @j0nnyDiGITAL said:
    " Not working out so well. I think I will be stuck with Rog for a while....unless a certain refined gentlemen with a rose can persuade me otherwise. "
    Try blanka, he is similar to balrog, just ten times cooler and with a completely different set of moves/strats/playstyles- 

just play blanka...
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By lordofultima
    @demontium said:
    " @j0nnyDiGITAL said:
    " Not working out so well. I think I will be stuck with Rog for a while....unless a certain refined gentlemen with a rose can persuade me otherwise. "
    Try blanka, he is similar to balrog, just ten times cooler and with a completely different set of moves/strats/playstyles-  just play blanka... "
    You're insane. Blanka is nothing like Balrog. Balrog is much better by the way.
    Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mmmslash

Also, Blanka players just fucking electrocute me all the time, and piss me the fuck off, and I hope they all die a horrible, painful death.

Balrog is cool, though. You know, since he's a real character and all.

El Fuerte and Blanka are the only characters I consistently lose to, no matter how hard I try.

Then again, I'm a scrub, so take that as you will.

Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Necrotrophic
    @Mmmslash said:
    " Also, Blanka players just fucking electrocute me all the time, and piss me the fuck off, and I hope they all die a horrible, painful death.

Balrog is cool, though. You know, since he's a real character and all.  El Fuerte and Blanka are the only characters I consistently lose to, no matter how hard I try.  Then again, I'm a scrub, so take that as you will. "

you should bait the electricity and slides. these are easy setups for bnb combos.

a lot of times if you have a blanka player following you if you walk towards him for like 2 steps hell slide, block it and bam.

alot of blanka players do electricity on wakeup too, depending on who you play as theres multiple options.

so much of what blanka does is very punishable on block. i used to be terrified of playing blankas when i first got this game. 

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By demontium
    @lordofultima said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @j0nnyDiGITAL said:
    Try blanka, he is similar to balrog, just ten times cooler and with a completely different set of moves/strats/playstyles-  just play blanka... "
    You're insane. Blanka is nothing like Balrog. Balrog is much better by the way. "
    Yeah i was joking.... blanka is still S tier.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By lordofultima
    @demontium said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @j0nnyDiGITAL said:
    You're insane. Blanka is nothing like Balrog. Balrog is much better by the way. "
    Yeah i was joking.... blanka is still S tier. "
    He's gimmick tier.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.