Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Seth players

BoomShanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BoomShanka

Just out of curiosity how many of you who play SFIV at a high level encounter Seth players? seeing as the character is cheap as god knows what, i fail to see why anyone would want to put someone through such torture. I myself have a decent record agaisnt Seth (this morning played against a guy who used seth 6 times and beat him 4-2) but like i said is this a rairty?

i could go on and on about how much i dislike this character (including using him myself) but do you think he could be made into a good competitive character using the move set that he has now or is he far too cheap to play at a competitive level and the gentleman code of honour steps in (ala sagat & akuma)

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By AndrewJD

Seth has a good move set with damaging combos and can put a lot of offensive pressure on opponents. His stamina(health) is the worst in the game though, that's why I don't play as him.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SpecialBuddy

I use Seth as kind of a 2nd alt and dont really see what you mean. Seth having such low health, his damage output not being the best, and a shit ultra is more than enough to make him not cheap. The thing about Seth is that he can have a great round then in the next one be perfected from 2 combos. It seems he just has his ups and downs. If you want to get into a character being cheap look into Sagat or Blanka. Thoughs would be better choices to bitch about.

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By slinky6
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " I use Seth as kind of a 2nd alt and dont really see what you mean. Seth having such low health, his damage output not being the best, and a shit ultra is more than enough to make him not cheap. The thing about Seth is that he can have a great round then in the next one be perfected from 2 combos. It seems he just has his ups and downs. If you want to get into a character being cheap look into Sagat or Blanka. Thoughs would be better choices to bitch about. "
    Lol his ultra does such shit damage but takes so long.
    HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By HairyMike87
    @BoomShanka: I ran into 1 great seth player that owned me hard. He shut me down and I couldn't do anything.
    Surllio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Surllio

In tournament play, or at least, in the majors I've been to, Seth doesn't see a lot of play.  It is mostly Rufus, Sagat, Bison (dictator), Balrog (boxer), Zangief and Blanka.  Occasionally Ken, Ryu, and Chun Li.

Its also been a while (April), but from what I've been seeing on ShoRyuKen the tier list hasn't changed much, and thus, the player base won't migrate.

Seth has a great spacing game, though not nearly as good as some of the others.  If you get in close, his options go away, and his low stamina makes him suffer dramatically.

Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Dauragon

I don't hate Seth players as much as I hate Ken players. For some reason I am just awful at fighting Ken players. It just feels like they are randomly jumping around shorukening every 3 seconds. I can never read them.

Seth's terrible stamina makes him an easy character to beat. I main Sakura and i've only lost to a couple of seth players.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.