Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Who's the one SF character you never got a hang of??

supersatanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By supersatanic

Let's be honest ,we write on this forum because we all love street fighter. Some of the people on the forum have been extremely crude/nitpicky/sarcastic/cynical but most of the time that's just beacause they all love the series so much and want to see it do better all the time that even small issues seem intolerable. I have a personal love of SF far greater than any fighting game(or any game for that matter) and so far I'm absolutely loving SF4 and think that capcom has done an unbelievable job. I never thought I'd ever see a brand new-top notch-AAA worthy street fighter ever again but here it is and my god, its great.

So let me ask you, I'm sure most of you've been playing since the SF-2 heyday.....is there a character that you could never properly get accustomed too. And If your'e someone who's mastered all, which one was the most frustrating?

I personally never could get the hang of vega and dhalsim,not that they're  bad .No one is. I've seen people destroy with vega. I can do all of his moves ,supers etc. etc. but I could never develop the 'almost psychic' connection we all have with our favourites.

At least I've seen good vega players, dhalsim on the other hand looks freaky cool and all but I've never found much use of him either,and I've never seen a video of someone pwning with dhalsim.Even if i may have, it certainly wasn't memorable enough...

What's your take??

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

Cobalt

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Alex_Murphy

Well there are a handful that I'm not great with, but Gen is probably the one I'm the worst with.

Steve_Ramirez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Steve_Ramirez

guile. Hate charfe characters....I really need to get the fight pad

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By StaticFalconar

gief, can't do a standing 720

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By StaticFalconar

gief, can't do a standing 720

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By REDRUN
    DirrtyNinja said:
    "Pwning with Dhalsim.
    "
    Same here. I get pwn'd by his 15 foot pimp slap. Dhalsim has the best cross up attacks, strike range to chip away at the opponent and his EX teleport would keep you constantly guessing. His combos are no joke, they can deal quite a bit of damage expecially you can chain the ultra with the super combo.

Everytime I try to pwn with him, the outcome is always the same, my ass handed to me. You can say I am Dhalsim envy. So "FUCK YOU" you Dhalsim pros always saying "Bigger than yours"... assholes.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By ImperiousRix

I'm not great with quite a few guys, but I REALLY can't play as El Fuerte...
    I even tried using him several times and training to become good with him, and failed miserably.  I have been destroyed by a few good Fuerte players, though, so I know I'm the garbage one, and not him...

supersatanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By supersatanic
    supersatanic said:
    DirrtyNinja said:
    "Pwning with Dhalsim.
    "
    Yeah, I could never play like that. Not even 5 percent. I mostly try and play with SF-2 era characters only. Though I had a pretty mean birdie (from alpha). Too bad he's MIA.

ImperiousRix said:
    "I'm not great with quite a few guys, but I REALLY can't play as El Fuerte...I even tried using him several times and training to become good with him, and failed miserably.  I have been destroyed by a few good Fuerte players, though, so I know I'm the garbage one, and not him..."
    Most medium skilled players get confused with him running all around the screen so probably you can exploit that. But, like you I haven't gotten any good with him so far.. But I know what you mean, I got some serious pwnage from El fuerte online.  I just misjudge his move where he runs and jumps and splashes on you every time. His ultra combo is very effective though."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.