Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter V

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 16, 2016

The fifth numbered entry in Capcom's signature fighting game series revamps the game's mechanics yet again while using a new system for post-release content.

Another Fight Is Coming Your Way (on February 16, 2016)! Dhalsim and Details for SFV from PGW

• 63 results
    TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

@baronsamedi: Fuck that actually makes it look like Honda now. I might have been in denial before. Please don't be true. </3

Still think that stance could be any grappler, with my money on Alex.

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was kinda bummed by Dhalsim initially, though he seems to be different from previous iterations while still retaining his zoning/keep-away style of play. I feel 1 new character per two months is a perfect balance in frequency.

I suck at speculating from silhouettes, though I'd love to see Alex and Urien in the first batch of characters. I'd prefer "lesser known" characters over the more classic ones, maybe have 1-2 classic characters in there and the rest be lesser known ones.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Man, Dhalsim looks sooooo good. Both in design and his moveset. Zoning plus mixup/shenanigans, fuck yes.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobbrobb: What if it was Honda, but what if they removed his headbutt and removed his buttslam and turned him into a grappler with palms? I'd be down with that. Imagine him having like a pushlock move like Hugo's meat squasher and then he was specifically built around corner controlling the opponent.

I like Honda, I just don't like his moveset.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@baronsamedi: I'm absolutely open to the idea that they would rework him to some extent (they are clearly not afraid to), and hey maybe he'll be fun this time, maybe I'll even play him unironically. But I'm juuuuuuust saying there are other characters with much more interesting movesets waiting in the queue.

Honda in 4 is just an awfully designed character. It's hard to get excited over him with that as the last reference point.

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Shin Dan reveal when?

IzunaDrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By IzunaDrop

This is making me want to go drop a few dollars into the local SF3 machine on my lunch break.

Loading Video...

Yes, I am blessed.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Sinusoidal

I highly suspect the first character is Alex because in the background is the truck that Alex is fixing in the New York stage from SFV. In fact, I wonder if there aren't hints in the backgrounds of each of those images..

The last one looks a bit like Sean to me and the stage behind him looks a bit like the Brazil stage in SFV.

Edit: Fifth one is China. That could be Yun or Yang.

Second edit: I'm convinced I'm onto something here. What stage is the statue of Atlas from in the fourth? Also, the umbrella in the last image looks really familiar. Maybe Deejay's stage? That also could be Deejay..

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@sinusoidal: Could just as easily be Balrog, given that it's the "America" stage and the character has triangle hair like Balrog and most definitely not like Alex. Also I'm pretty sure characters 2 and 3 are both on the New Zealand stage so I wouldn't read too much into the stage choices for these shots. The fourth shot is Japan which could support the Ibuki guess. The last stage is also New York.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy hell Dhalsim's walk looks terrible. He hops around on 1 leg.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: Tandava doesn't have people solely hopping around on one leg though right? I mean I think his stance looks cool, it's just that his 'walk' is really lame.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@starvinggamer: Interesting though there's definitely characters with ridiculous individual buttons and characters with objectively "slightly" better buttons than their other buttons; so using every button in footsies is not going to be a thing for most characters (and at a high level with most characters in SFIV players are using a lot of different buttons already). I appreciate the optimism even if there's a lot of projecting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.