Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter V

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 16, 2016

The fifth numbered entry in Capcom's signature fighting game series revamps the game's mechanics yet again while using a new system for post-release content.

Laura (prematurely) joins the SFV roster

• 179 results
    Lime_Slime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yuck! Boobs! Right guys?

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lime_slime: I urge you to read the thread before making that kind of silly comment.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l1ghtn1n said:

Step Kick looking move? Command grab? Rekkas that end in grab? Command dash?! Psuedo Axe Kick!!

Nash might have a bit of competition finally...

Exactly what I was thinking! ABELBLANKA with a touch of Deejay looks dope!

Jesna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like that slow fireball. Makes me think of V. Rosso.

If her command grab is anything like Tornado Throw I expect @l1ghtn1n will have found a new main.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@hassun said:

That being said, now that she has the electricity effects I sincerely hope they will change those effects for Ryu. I always thought they didn't fit him at all. He's not a Mishima.

Dunno, Denjin Ryu has always been electricity so I don't see them changing that now

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Man I love her design, this game is really nailing the character designs all around yet. Looks really stylish and consistent.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By hassun

Detailed info added to the OP.

Looks like her V-skill is a dash (+ attack) and it looks like it will... evade projectiles.

Her V-trigger appears to be a general powerup, adding a little oomph to her other moves.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By hassun

They managed to give Laura's statue even bigger breasts than her in-game model. I'm actually impressed.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun said:

Looks like her V-skill is a dash (+ attack) and it looks like it will... evade projectiles.

Capcom pls

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

Not to make it a total non-sequitur, but I'm still trying to figure out where they get the trailer music. Whatever is playing during Laura's is pretty cool. And the sick beat they have for Karin's reveal trailer is great too. Still don't know where it comes from or if it's even in the game. I haven't been able to dig up any information on it yet.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By hassun

@hippie_genocide: That's just my guess though, based on the fact that she seems to be ducking during her dash and how ducking/dashes work for other SF characters. (Dudley for example.)

No Caption Provided

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sarumarine: I assume that's music from the game.

Also, I just realised her last name is Matsuda and that's the same last name as Sean's...

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#164  Edited By BBAlpert

@hassun said:

@hippie_genocide: That's just my guess though, based on the fact that she seems to be ducking during her dash and how ducking/dashes work for other SF characters. (Dudley for example.)

No Caption Provided

My favorite thing about the Laura reveal is the fact that they replaced the Christ The Redeemer statue in the background with a gigantic World Cup trophy.

No Caption Provided

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert said:

My favorite thing about the Laura reveal is the fact that they replaced the Christ The Redeemer statue in the background with a gigantic World Cup trophy.

Oh, so that's why people abbreviate Cristo Redentor as CTR. I feel so stupid.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By hassun

@bbalpert: Yeah it's pretty silly (and kind of sad considering Brazil's performance at the previous world cup + FIFA's troubles) but people in the GB chat told me the other day that the rights holders of the statue are actually very litigious. I just hope there is a more serious reason behind the change than "no religious symbols allowed".

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Sinusoidal

@jadegl That was my initial reaction as well: her character design is just plain boring. That's including the lazy-and-depressingly-expected-at-this-point over-sized tits. She has board room stink all over her: "Big tits are testing well with our demographic. Let's have more of those!". Lazy. At least R.Mika has some character to go with her ridiculousness. I hope we get some better craziness with the last three reveals.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Boy the internet works fast. There is a copious amount of uh... artwork of laura already out there.

yates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Seems like most (if not all) characters have ways of reliably evading projectiles which render them fairly ineffective, I'm not a massive fan of that. I do like the footsie-heavy direction this game is taking though.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yates: Same here. Zoning has been in decline since Alpha. I played a whole lot of Charlie throughout Alphas 1, 2 and 3 and even as that series went along, zoning in general became less effective in favor of mix up/beat down. Alpha 1 Charlie was a beast with the sonic boom/flash kick/crouching fierce keep away game. In 2 and 3, everyone got tools to deal with it and he became more about dashing and getting in pokes at the right times. I guess I can understand though: A Gief/Sim match up where every round ends in a time out can get pretty fucking tedious to watch. And really, who wants to see another Ryu who wins every match by shoryukening everyone who jumps over their hadoukens?

yates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sinusoidal: Yeah, from a spectators point of view I can see it.

Still to this day my favourite form of Street Fighter to play is the Ryu mirror match (in 2 and 4). That's some raw 100% uncut Street Fighter-ass stuff right there.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By hassun

@l1ghtn1n: That makes the huge difference in skin colour kind of weird.

@sinusoidal: Still one of the greatest SFIV matches:

Loading Video...

The thought alone that they might have removed dedicated zoning from the game to appease dumbasses who think this type of match is boring fills me with sadness.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yates: @sinusoidal: As far as I can tell the only anti-projectile V-Skill that would deal with Sim is Ryu's, and in that matchup Sim should probably be throwing more limbs anyways. A Gouken would be a lot trickier to make work though. I'm really hoping that the fourth new character is also a zoner but honestly, Sim is one of the few true dedicated zoners in all of SF. Everyone else is a hybrid anyways.

@hassun: I dunno, I'm pretty sure they're both hapa which makes the difference in skin color not so outrageous.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@hassun: Holy shit that match is so good. I've seen it before and I hope I will see it again. <3<3

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#176  Edited By Jeldh

She doesn't have as much cleavage as Ken or Ryu, you can almost see the belly-buttons on those guys.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess they confirmed shes Sean's older sister.

Shout outs to Onee-chan.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: Abel is probably the closest comparison, even though I imagine she will play quite differently. Abel's Roll mixups rely a bit more on being fast and overwhelming, while Lauras fireball implies she might be a bit slower and more patient in making her enemy guess.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By hassun

Never underestimate slow projectiles, especially in a game where there probably won't be (m)any projectile wars.

@mrcaptain: I'm just going to hope you were making a joke and aren't actually serious.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun said:

Never underestimate slow projectiles, especially in a game where there probably won't be (m)any projectile wars.

And epsecially one that allows you to act on the opponent while its still flying... By the looks of it she won't exactly be terrifying like Akuma, but that thing is gonna be preeeetty annoying when she starts pressuring.

Walking through it and going for a grab is slick though, one of my favorite little tricks I've seen so far. She could be fun.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone managed to snap a pic of her move set:

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.