Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter X Tekken

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

The two leaders in the fighting game genre collide in this ultimate tag-team mash-up. Will you cross the line?

Street Fighter X Tekken Fighting Styles Skepticism

JapanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JapanMan

If anyone has ever spent anytime with either of the games, you'll notice that both of the games have distinct fighting styles to them.  While Street Fighter has some Martial Arts basis to the characters, the game has become the combo chaining, aerial juggling, super special arcade fighter.  On the other hand, Tekken has always tried to remain more true to the Martial Arts: i.e. Paul's Judo, Law's Jetkwando, Hwang's Taekwondo, etc. 

Don't get me wrong, they both have always have had that arcade fighter feel to them, but I have a hard time believing that Capcom can blend the two games together.  No doubt, the game will sell well - I mean who isn't hyped to see Street Fighter and Tekken meshed into one game.  I just have a hard time believing that the developers will be able to find an ideal compromise while staying true to the games' roots.

After watching a few trailers and reading a little bit about the game, it just seems like Street Fighter X Tekken will really heavily favor Street Fighter's arcade fighting style.
    blueduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By blueduck

You understand that this is Street Fighter X Tekken and there will be another game called Tekken X Street Fighter?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Animasta
    @blueduck said:
    " You understand that this is Street Fighter X Tekken and there will be another game called Tekken X Street Fighter? "
    don't blow his goddamn mind, man
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jack268
    @blueduck said:
    " You understand that this is Street Fighter X Tekken and there will be another game called Tekken X Street Fighter? "
    This.

The new juggling system is in place to make it more Tekken-esque, and I assume the Tekken characters will have target combos (I believe every character does in fact) too. I doubt they could make it perfectly 50/50 between the games, which is why Namco does their take on Street Fighter and Capcom does theirs on Tekken.
    JapanMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JapanMan
    @Laketown: @Laketown said:
    " @blueduck said:
    don't blow his goddamn mind, man "
    I just got my mind blown.  I had no idea that Namco will be doing a reversal version of the with Street fighter and Tekken.  I thought it was just all Capcom doing it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.