Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Summer Carnival '92: Recca

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 17, 1992

Summer Carnival '92 - Recca was only released in Japan, on July 17th 1992. The game is famous for its incredible speed, unique soundtrack, and relentless difficulty. It later was released worldwide on the 3DS eShop.

Has anyone played this game?

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Since there's no info on this game on the site and it was announced this morning that it was coming to virtual console i was wondering if anyone could give me a decent rundown on this game?

It sounded interesting but if it's just a standard shooter with good NES graphics then i might be a little more hesitant to pick it up.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I've played this! It's basically one of those incredibly frustrating, yet satisfying, top-down shooters; to the likes of Ikaruga. Bullet-hell would be a pretty good descriptor.

It is quite fun, and pushed the Famicom/NES hardware pretty hard. I was actually completely surprised and excited that it would be coming to virtual console, with it being an incredibly obscure choice. I really never thought anyone knew that this game existed, or that Nintendo would recognize it ever again. I'll be picking this up for sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.