Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sunset Overdrive

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 28, 2014

The latest energy drink, OverCharge Delirium XT, has turned Sunset City into an energy drink-fueled mutant apocalypse and it is up to you to survive in Insomniac Games' Xbox One exclusive.

PC version official!

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Casepb
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Oh shit this is great news for me, but another reason to not own an XB1X which I kinda wanna buy.. for some reason?

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@humanity: I used RDR 2 as an excuse to justify my purchase, so if you haven't bought and played that already, I'd say that's a good justification, haha. Plus, with my 970 and i5-2500k, all of these play anywhere titles will likely play better on the X anyway. It'll be a bit and a half before I can justify upgrading my PC.

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have tried to get into this game three different times, and I just can’t stand it. I love Insomniac - I have three platinum trophies in my lifetime, and two of them are Insomniac games, but Sunset Overdrive is just disappointing to me. The movement requiring rails just killed it for me. It’s like they took my least favorite part of Ratchet and Clank and turned it into a game.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Been wanting to play this forever and haven't gotten an xbox this gen. An affordable PC version out of the blue is fuckin kick ass.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

GOTY 2014, not even a contest. Unfortunately it came out at such a horrible time for the platform it was on. I really think if it was a PS4/XB1/PC release on launch it would have done well enough to get a sequel greenlit. Amazing soundtrack, fantastic flow to the movement, and a really well structured campaign that didn't overstay its welcome. They should have given you some of the movement options you get later on WAY sooner though, that was definitely a mistake.

Some say the humor was trying too hard, but I don't think there's any merit to that. It never felt like it hung on any bit or tried to force it. It made wisecracks and then moved on to the next joke at a brisk pace.

If there was ever a game I've wanted to play at 4k 60 fps, it's this one. Really good price as well. Can't wait.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like the style or any of Insomniac's games, but it's a really unique game and we don't get many of those in the AAA space these days, interested to see how good a port it is.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope we get some Xbox one x enhancements with it too.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By soulcake

This is amazing i was really hoping they would port it! Hmmm there's THQ Nordic logo on there interesting? did some of there studio's do the port work or, just distribution?

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Casepb

@mems1224: I don't think that's going to be happening, not from Insomniac anyway. Their excuse was something along the lines of the source code is too old and would take a lot of work to update.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@casepb: that's a shame. Would love to revisit it but it looks kinda like ass on a 4k TV

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.