Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sunset Overdrive

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 28, 2014

The latest energy drink, OverCharge Delirium XT, has turned Sunset City into an energy drink-fueled mutant apocalypse and it is up to you to survive in Insomniac Games' Xbox One exclusive.

PC Version Out Now! No Multiplayer

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By alistercat

You can buy Sunset Overdrive on PC starting right now from the Windows 10 store and Steam! Who is going to pick this up? It is still my favourite Xbox One game.

Some important information that I feel needs imparting.

• Multiplayer has been removed from this release. A bummer but it was always a single player focused game.
    • All DLC is included.
    • Is not "play anywhere" so you will have to rebuy if you own the Xbox One version.
    • Is not part of Game Pass.
    • $20, £15, check the store page for your regional pricing.
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Out of plain curiosity I went to the Windows store and couldn't find it there which I guess shouldn't be surprising and honestly Steam suits me just fine.

It's neat that they budget priced it since it is quite an old "remaster" of sorts.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No official 21:9 support either. Will have to be hacked it seems.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't even remember this had multiplayer and unless it was co-op, I'd say not a huge loss. Shame about not being part of Game Pass, could've otherwise tried it just to see how it runs on my PC.

I played it on X around two months ago for the first time since 2014 and it felt way slower than I remembered, but maybe you just got faster as you progressed. My memory of the game's pretty blurry as a whole.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This game had multiplayer?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had no idea it had multiplayer so this works just fine.

gruxkaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im not sure this is the place to post this but sunset overdrive is 20% off at greenmangaming.

Ive been playing for a couple hours and it definitely needs a 970 (nvidia gpu) for 1080/60fps with smaa on,and all advanced video processing on as well. still drops sometimes but it looks and feels quite a bit smoother than the xbox version. I have not tried using keyboard and mouse. yes the game feels sluggish at first even then, but it's designed that way and speeds up once you get the hang of the movement it requires.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Zurv

It runs well.. shame it doesn't have co-op as this would have been fun with another person. I did get it on the xbox one at launch but i don't remember why i stopped playing it. I didn't get very far.

Did it run like crap on the xbox?

Loading Video...

here is a video of the first 35min

hrmm… who owned this? maybe we'll get other Insomniac games on the PC. Was this the off IP that MS owned?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By FacelessVixen

I'll wait a bit until those mouse controls are ironed out.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

in the steam forums the devs said they are working on a fix.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/847370/discussions/0/3104564981107561584/

Mouse Sensitivity - Fix is underway!

Hey all!

First off, thanks for being in our community hub! We hope you are just as excited to see the game come to PC as we are to put it there:)

Second, we are aware of the mouse issue, and are currently working on a fix. No exact time frame on when that will be out, but we'll let you know once we have it!

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: @dgtlty: There was a horde mode for co-op, and a tony hawk style challenge mode that was competitive but you were never killing each other. It was wholesome and fun.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By alistercat

@gruxkaban said:

im not sure this is the place to post this but sunset overdrive is 20% off at greenmangaming.

Ive been playing for a couple hours and it definitely needs a 970 (nvidia gpu) for 1080/60fps with smaa on,and all advanced video processing on as well. still drops sometimes but it looks and feels quite a bit smoother than the xbox version. I have not tried using keyboard and mouse. yes the game feels sluggish at first even then, but it's designed that way and speeds up once you get the hang of the movement it requires.

I think the 20% off is only for VIP members but yeah, that's what I used.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By doctordonkey

That's a bummer. It wasn't a huge part of the game, but I actually played a lot of Chaos Squad back when it launched. It was chaotic, had a few unique songs that played, and was just fun to mess around in. But this package is 20 bucks with everything so that's not too surprising.

Makes me wonder though, what did they do with the multiplayer only cosmetics and weapons? I believe there are 2 weapons and multiple cosmetics that can only be obtained via the multiplayer. Hopefully they baked them into the campaign.

Damenco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game isn't pleasant to me therefore I am not going to buy it: (

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably my favorite Xbox One "exclusive" outside of the Forza Horizon series, and definitely worth a playthrough. The multiplayer was...fine...but is no great loss. I definitely spent some time messing around with it but the fun in the game comes from exploring the city and the self-aware story/aesthetic.

I'm glad it made it to PC finally, though not entirely clear why, especially why this time of year. I don't think it was a hit and it's largely forgotten (despite being excellent) so releasing it four years later during the holiday season seems...like a strange choice.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will be picking it up sometime. Always that "aww this looks up my alley" but why buy an xbox when everything starts coming to pc and you kinda keep up with upgrading your pc anyway? There are still reasons, but fewer every day. Pretty happy when this started showing up on random ratings boards sites.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The anti aliasing seems to be broken, or at the very least completely ineffective. Something isn't right.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having a lot of fun with this on PC. Runs smooth as butter and after Red Dead is the exact type of fast paced mindless fun I was looking for. So colorful too!

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah this game feels real good at 60, pretty impressed.

fnrslvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fnrslvr

No Play Anywhere makes this release next to useless to me. With cross-save I could've used this as an opportunity to go in and polish off the DLC, which I never got around to on Xbox. I guess I'll have to just boot up the Xbox version at some point.

That said, it's a great game. I never understood the flack the game got. I really ended up liking the movement system, and found the combination of movement and shooting in the game to be very satisfying to master.

deckard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It runs really well, although I have noticed the AA issue others have brought up. The gameplay is pretty good, but the writing - holy shit, dude. Do you want your character to spout the same "Doge" joke 6 times in 10 minutes? Well I have the game for you!

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worth the 20 bucks if you ask me, reminded me a lot a ratchet and clank from the weapons to the grindrails. I had fun with it over the weekend. Glad it came to PC.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Humanity

@deckard: I’m ok with like 70% of the writing but sometimes it does get a bit rough. I’m actually surprised at how good the female character voice acting is - great delivery.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this didn't just surprise launch right after Red Dead, Hitman 2 and Tetris I'd be all over it. It's the one Xbox Exclusive from this generation that I've wanted to play but couldn't without the hardware.

Will definitely pick it up when I can fit it into my game budget.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: The female character is the only choice as far as I'm concerned. The voice acting is great.

I'm holding off in jumping in to it until someone comes up with a good fix for the poor AA.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone run in to the save bug? People's save are getting deleted when it crashes or they exit the game.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

As someone who is quite sensitive to aliasing I have not noticed any issues here. Those having problems do have smaa on correct? It's not like it has temporal AA support so it's not going to look like, for example, a UE4 game, but I haven't noticed anything awful.

On my 1080 it runs at a flawless 60 fps at 1080p. Would try downsampling but I couldn't get it to accept higher resolutions despite having them enabled in the Nvidia control panel. Anyways, even at 1080p/60 I think it looks just fine. And it is quite fun as well. Highly recommended.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta say after Red Dead Redemption 2 (which I enjoyed a whole lot) this is such a wonderful palette cleanser.

Everything is so snappy and player friendly. Movement is a joy and fast travel on my PC is nearly instant and there is no penalty. The story is goofy but fun and the dialog for the most part is enjoyable with just the right amount of 4th wall breaking. Everything is clearly labeled and rewards are easily accessed and instant. You know Caxton what you’re working towards.

Just such a great time all around - I’m really loving it.

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BoboBones

I couldn’t be more happy about this. I sold my Xbox One, and have been dying to replay Sunset Overdrive, and the Master Chief Collection. I played it at launch, and expected the tone to rub me the wrong way, but I found it to be an incredibly joyful ride. Definitely my favorite Insomniac title.

IEEE_GB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this game was fun at first but after about 4 hours I am souring on the combat which is the redeeming element: the shooting and the movement don't really mesh well and the "style counter" hinders the fun, this may have been way better with different combat styles instead of stupid gun upgrades. I guess everything pales to Devil may cry to me.

The writing is unbearable and I want to listen to podcasts while playing this. The art has also just is unappealing after the shine wore off

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.