Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Meat Boy

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

When his beloved Bandage Girl is kidnapped by the evil Dr. Fetus, the diminutive yet plucky Meat Boy springs into action!

Anyone else find the 2nd part of "The Kid" harder than the 1st?

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ItBeStefYo

Ok the first part of the kid was really hard and took me a long time to "get down" but now im onto the second part and ive spent as much time on it but I CANT get it down!

I can pass the halfway point  but then at the 3rd elevator I never can make it past the 3rd spike! 

Anyone else having the same problem?

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Sarumarine

I just posted in another topic, but yeah. I found the super narrow spike elevator going DOWN was the hardest part of that entire Warp Zone. There are a couple of ways to deal with it. One is sitting really close to the screen to make out the pixel width between The Kid and those nefarious spikes. Another less helpful idea is getting down a rhythm. The hardest part of that is finding a place to start.

One my problems was getting past the first two spikes on the Down Elevator and then hesitating, fearing I'd go too fast, and end up dying. Once you go, you have to always keep moving. There's not enough leeway to stop on the down elevator. I tried to go wall to wall, but there's actually enough room to stay toward the middle of the elevator and quickly bob back and forth. Not that it makes it any easier.

In the event that you actually make it past the Third Elevator, I strongly urge you to hit pause and collect yourself. There is nothing worse than getting to the last "fairly easy" elevator and freaking out, making a bad jump and dying. Like I did. Enough rage to kill an elephant is not healthy.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Diamond

It's the hardest part and I wouldn't even bother looking with your eyes or thinking at that part, you just need to know the timing in your fingers.  If you're trying to use your reflexes to respond to what your eyes see you'll never make it.

The 4th elevator is easy, just don't psyche yourself out.  I was lucky and finished that one on the first try.

tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By tsolless

This is not encouraging to try and even work on beating the first level which I have difficulty with. 

Is it at least shorter than the first one?

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By FrankWeidner
    @Sarumarine said:
     There is nothing worse than getting to the last "fairly easy" elevator and freaking out, making a bad jump and dying. Like I did. Enough rage to kill an elephant is not healthy. "
    I did the same thing. In the words of the great Bob Odenkirk, "GOD DAMMIT!!!!!" 

@tsolless said:
    " This is not encouraging to try and even work on beating the first level which I have difficulty with.   Is it at least shorter than the first one? "
    It probably takes a little longer to beat. The level has elevators which forcefully slow your progression. Unfortunately, the first elevator is very easy, and having to repeat it time after time after time is by far the most aggravating part of a particularly aggravating level. 

But if you do beat it? Holy hell, it feels good. And The Kid is extremely useful at getting bandages and getting A+ times.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Shadow

When finally doing that right, I closed my eyes and just pressed either left or right based on the timing I'd gotten down to muscle memory from dying on that thing so damn much.

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Sarumarine

Yeah, if you get The Kid you'll quickly find out he's kind of a game breaker in most situations. There's a Dark World level in the Salt Factory he can absolutely destroy since he can jump over the wall of saw blades with his double jump and skip the entire level. Not to mention, he can easily by pass obstacles that require crazy wall jumps.

Hawker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Hawker

had the exact same problem, then it became the 5th spike, then I did it, now I have The Kid ...And never use him

It's all just perseverance

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Coombs

I'm having such a hard time here, 
    That third elevator is insane, I just cannot get the timing down.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ItBeStefYo

Just completed this level and I have to say it was a fluke.
     Persistance is required, same for the 3rd level :(

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Nadril

I'll be honest, the 3rd level pissed me off more than anything. I think it was just because it was a physical strain at times, all that jumping :S. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.