Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Meat Boy

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

When his beloved Bandage Girl is kidnapped by the evil Dr. Fetus, the diminutive yet plucky Meat Boy springs into action!

Is there a limit on Meat Boys in a replay?

eristocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By eristocrat

I just spent over an hour trying to beat level 5 of The End then after finally finishing it the replay glitched out at .02 seconds.  Luckily I could still hit a to get to the next level but I was really looking forward to seeing the hundreds of Meat Boys die and maybe even saving the replay. 

Just wondering, have you guys had replays that won't show, and were they all ones with tons of Meat Boys in them?

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Sarumarine

I'm not sure what kind of limit they have for attempts on a stage. I imagine it has to be a hard number like 20 or 50 or something. Maybe higher. A few stages I died a million times on, I forgot to save the replay. So, I'm not sure.

I've never had a replay glitch on me though, but it doesn't surprise me.

VetleNM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By VetleNM

I had one replay glitch out on me today, where I did a cheesy strategy involving a specific character's ability to rewind time on one of the Salt Factory dark world levels. Other than that I've never had any replay glitches (other than having stuck, falling meatboys at the bottom of the screen).

But there does seem to be a limit on the number of meatboys in a replay. Not sure whether it depends on the complexity and length of the level, or if it's a fixed number, but it's easy to see in the later levels where you die a million times. The early attempts where you're jumping all over the place, getting killed in awkward places and such, are nowhere to be seen. Instead, the replay starts off with a huge chunk of meat jumping in perfect unison until hitting a bottleneck and becoming a bloody mess with just one meatboy making the cut. :)

Congrats on beating Omega by the way, even if you don't have the replay to prove it.
    Forderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Forderz

Yeah Omega is a bitch.  I saved my replay though, if that makes you feel any better.  The mass of meat wasn't as impressive as I thought.

Tomkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Tomkang

200 deaths and 187 mn completion (Damn Bandages on hard levels) still works, although every looks like a red line

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Shadow

There is in fact, a hard limit to it.  Sad but true.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.