Super Meat Boy petition.

#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

 So you guys know Super Meat Boy, right? well issue 1 of the comic is not sold anymore and as a PC gamer I feel this is unfair as we did not know of how awesome this game was until recently. I am trying to get it sold again and with the help of Giant Bomb this could happen. 
 
Please, the comics are so awesome!!

  
   
Thanks! Oh, and so this doesn't come off as me just advertising have you guys read the comics? i just ordered issue 2 and 2.5.
#2 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
#3 Edited by Weltal (2274 posts) -

Sounds like they want them to be limited, right? 
 
Anywho in searching for a digital copy of the comic on google I found this and it made me happy.

#4 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

... there was a comic?

#5 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
@Weltal said:
" Sounds like they want them to be limited, right? 
 
Anywho in searching for a digital copy of the comic on google I found this and it made me happy. "
I know they want them limited, but why should PC gamers miss out on them? :( 
 
Also, I was looking for the actual comic.
#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -

Oh come on. Petitions...

#7 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -
@Weltal said:
" Sounds like they want them to be limited, right? 
 
Anywho in searching for a digital copy of the comic on google I found this and it made me happy. "
The randomness is amazing.
#8 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Oh come on. Petitions... "
I'm pretty sure Team Meat would be willing to put out a few more if they saw people were going to buy it. They like money, right?
#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" I'm pretty sure Team Meat would be willing to put out a few more if they saw people were going to buy it. They like money, right? "
You don't know the reason they removed it. I don't think it was because it wasn't selling anymore.
#10 Posted by Weltal (2274 posts) -
#11 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
" I'm pretty sure Team Meat would be willing to put out a few more if they saw people were going to buy it. They like money, right? "
You don't know the reason they removed it. I don't think it was because it wasn't selling anymore. "
Why else would they have? As I said, they should at least make some more for us who got it on PC.
#12 Posted by august (3854 posts) -

I wonder how many petitions out there have the phrase "unfair to pc gamers" in them somewhere.
 
Just asking for a re-print of issue 1 probably would have sufficed.

#13 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
@august said:
" I wonder how many petitions out there have the phrase "unfair to pc gamers" in them somewhere.  Just asking for a re-print of issue 1 probably would have sufficed. "
Should I edit it?
#14 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Team Meat wont reply to my tweets. :(

#15 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

I like how this is framed as being unfair to PC gamers, as if Xbox 360 players had a better chance of getting these comics.
 
You missed your chance. Deal with it.

#16 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" Team Meat wont reply to my tweets. :( "
They have better stuff to do then respond to someone who is trying to make a Petition Vs them. They do not respond well to being annoyed. 
#17 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
Edmund McMillen said:
We also have a limited supply of SMB comics in the store as well, issue one is in very low supply (around 40 left in existence), these comics will never be reprinted so once they are gone they are gone for good.
Each comic comes signed!
You should have been paying more attention to the game's development if you really wanted the comics.
#18 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19372 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" Edmund McMillen said:
We also have a limited supply of SMB comics in the store as well, issue one is in very low supply (around 40 left in existence), these comics will never be reprinted so once they are gone they are gone for good.
Each comic comes signed!
You should have been paying more attention to the game's development if you really wanted the comics. "
Exactly what I was saying and I support  what LordAndrew said. 
 
@FluxWaveZ
said:
" You don't know the reason they removed it. I don't think it was because it wasn't selling anymore. "
Petitions are generally stupid. Especially when you don't even know the motivation behind the company's actions.
#19 Posted by Kyelb22 (298 posts) -
@Weltal said:
" Yay! Digital comic found. "
Yay! Now I'm going to print that out and have my very own second hand SMB  comic. :D 
Gracias, good sir.
#20 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
@LordAndrew
Edmund McMillen said:
We also have a limited supply of SMB comics in the store as well, issue one is in very low supply (around 40 left in existence), these comics will never be reprinted so once they are gone they are gone for good.
Each comic comes signed!
You should have been paying more attention to the game's development if you really wanted the comics.
I didn't know how good the game would be. D:
#21 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -
@Azteck said:
" ... there was a comic? "
#22 Posted by Innovacious (237 posts) -

 as a PC gamer I feel this is unfair as we did not know of how awesome this game was until recently


 
uh, what? Meat boy was originaly a flash game, you know, that you play on PCs?
#23 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

PC gamers deserve to miss out for waiting to play a game like that on a keyboard, idiots.

#24 Posted by Detrian (1126 posts) -

How about you petition for them to fix the piece of shit pc version instead.

#25 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba: Meat Boy was originally a browser based flash game. 
 
That came out in like 2008.
#26 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
@Raymayne said:
" PC gamers deserve to miss out for waiting to play a game like that on a keyboard, idiots. "
Yeah, because it's not as if the game encourages the use of a gamepad as often as possible, idiot. It is still playable with a keyboard though, like the original game.
#27 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4827 posts) -

A petition, really?

Petitions are dumb, petitions whining about unfairness is dumb, so this is double dumb.

#28 Posted by RoboRobb (1052 posts) -

Petitions ALWAYS work. Can you feel my sarcasm? FEEL IT

#29 Posted by tsolless (465 posts) -

I only sign petitions for the return of TV series that I became creepily attached to.

#30 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
@tsolless: BRING BACK THE SUPER MEAT BOY TV SERIES!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.