Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Meat Boy

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

When his beloved Bandage Girl is kidnapped by the evil Dr. Fetus, the diminutive yet plucky Meat Boy springs into action!

Super Meat Boy playthrough. :D

• 175 results
    Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By Hamst3r
    @LunarAura said:
    "

Are you there yet? I need my fix, man. I NEED MY FIX!

"
    oh em gee! Not yet.

All my shit is on a truck and I'm sitting in an empty house waiting for my ride to show up. Then...OFF! TO COLORADO! *dramatic pose*

I'll be reunited with my stuff on Monday. :3
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#152  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Loved the playthrough.
    Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Hamst3r
    TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#154  Edited By TwoLines

Rockin' that 240p.

EDIT: It's 720 now. But that 240p version was great.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#155  Edited By benpicko
    @Hamst3r said:

" Return of the playthrough!

Part 16:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOLq6YviphE "

I want to punch you in the face. It's 01:47, and I still am going to watch it :(  

Your videos are great. 

Edit: Caw, Caw Caw. Goddamnit.
    Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#156  Edited By Lunar_Aura

ABOUT FUCKIN TIME! *scurries to watch like a depraved hood rat*
    TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#157  Edited By TwoLines

Oh yeah, one more thing, I'm a patient man.
    I've played through the whole Dark-Hell world without skipping anything, and I've done the warpzones and glitchworld.
    The thing is, I've skipped 90% of the Rapture's Hell world. So if you think this is annoying...wait 'till you get to Hell Rapture. 
    I never want to play this game again, that chapter is fucking INSANE. Be prepared.

NZV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By NZV

I watch a lot of LPs. I watch LPs instead of watching TV. I watch LPs instead of buying video games.

This is possibly the most well-edited LP I have ever seen, clawing for first place alongside supergreatfriend's Illbleed LP. Nice work.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By JP_Russell

You know, I beat 4-8 dark world with Meat Boy (after some suffering), but thinking about it, the headcrab's ability to stick to and slide along the ceiling would probably make it considerably easier if you're just going for completion and not times or anything.  You wouldn't have to jump over any of the lava balls in those corridors, just stick to the ceilings and slide your way over them with impunity.

Runman's sprint is indeed just a burst that lasts for a short time, and there's a small cooldown in between uses of it.  But once you get the hang of both of those limitations, as well as the low arc of his jumps, he can be super useful. 

I notice on your Steam profile that you have Trials 2.  Given the similarity between it and SMB, what did you think of it, out of curiosity?

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#160  Edited By Sarumarine

Dark World Hell is when the game stops being a dick and starts becoming a murderous psychopath. But I'm impressed how you handle Flywrench. I can't handle that guys weight and funky triple jump. However you did make me realize that he can slide up an down walls like a mo-fo without doing wall kicks to gain height.

I prefer The Kid when it comes to extra jumps... but you already know that unlocking him is probably the hardest thing to do in Super Meat Boy.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#161  Edited By rjayb89

Thank you for directly delivering sex into my eyeballs, Hamst3r.  Congratulations.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Hamst3r
    Thanks all. :3

Part 17! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZZqd4p_Akg  

@JP_Russell:  re: Trials 2. I like the Trials series a lot. Difficulty-wise, once you get a hang of the bike physics, the first few difficulty brackets are pretty easy in all categories. It's just them highest difficulty ones that are a real bitch. Fucking impossible shit. I can't even get the bike onto the first obstacle some times, let alone over it. Then I watch the #1 replays for those and it's god-damned voodoo going on. Dude blazes through the levels full-speed ahead without a single mistake. :P
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#163  Edited By GunstarRed

Only saw one of these for the first time yesterday, they are hugely entertaining. I think the little MK toasty-head in the corner adds a lot. Your  break limit is far, far higher than mine I only opened up one Hell, Dark world level (the one with the slow lift going down and the monster portal above) and after about   six attempts I quit.  Awesome videos, gonna watch more.
    JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By JP_Russell
    @Hamst3r:
    Ha, ha, yeah, the top players are absolutely out of this world.  I'm ranked 1233rd in the world in Trials 2 right now (162nd in the US), and I've actually managed to beat all the non-downloadable hard tracks, some of them with zero falls, but I'm not even a blip on the radar compared to those guys. 

It perplexes me to no end that you seem to be reaching your limit in SMB before me, yet you're endlessly more tenacious about completing the warp zone levels.  I hate the whole having to complete all three levels in a row (with only three tries per level before having to start all three over again) thing so much that I've just put all the later ones off to the side without even really trying them yet.  It doesn't help that I have to get through "WAAARRRP ZOOONE, title screen, extra lives screen" *every* *single* *time*  I retry it.  It'd be so much better if it just put you back at the start of the first level in the warp zone once you lost all three lives instead of sending you back out to the level select screen. 
    emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#165  Edited By emem
    @JP_Russell: This is a bit confusing, what do you mean by "non-downloadable hard tracks"?  
                              "1233 in the world in Trials 2" = The time for all the levels in the 2nd world?
    JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By JP_Russell
    @emem said:
    "@JP_Russell: This is a bit confusing, what do you mean by "non-downloadable hard tracks"?                            "1233 in the world in Trials 2" = The time for all the levels in the 2nd world? "

Ha, ha, no, Trials 2 is the name of a game on the PC.  It's the predecessor to Trials HD on the 360.  The levels in Trials are called "tracks," and they're separated into categories of difficulty in the game.  Non-downloadable refers to the tracks that were in the game to start with, and downloadable is the term the dev team gave all the tracks they added to the game later in updates.  1233rd in the world means that's where my overall completion times place me in the game's leaderboard. 

I brought the game up because it's also a completion-time-based obstacle game like Super Meat Boy that I noticed Hamst3r had played as well.
    emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By emem
    @JP_Russell: Ohhh I see, I know Trials. I really thought you were talking about SMB, which has 8 leaderboards on the PC.. the only reason I asked is because at that very moment I was trying to figure out how these leaderboards work.
    JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By JP_Russell

@emem: Ah, you mean the ones in SMB's Steam stats.  LEADERBOARD_0 is the same as the overall leaderboard in-game (except it only counts Steam players).  LEADERBOARD_100-106 are the first seven levels of The Forest.  My guess is Steam keeps track of all individual level stats, and is supposed to show them all in that dropdown list, but it can only display 8 things at a time and some genius didn't think to put a scrollbar on it, so there's no way to actually view or access them through the interface.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By emem
    @JP_Russell: Yep, I also found out about it a few hours later. They should have implemented leaderboards for each seperate world, so you could see who's the fastest in "world runs".
    Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Hamst3r
    weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By weltal

Fantastic. Exactly how a SMB play through should end. On to new games!

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#173  Edited By NoDeath
    @Hamst3r said:
    " Part 18:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZGyOOIxMis  No more, no more! Ahhhhhhh! *runs away* "
    PANSY!! I mean just beat the dark world. Have a break for a few days and come back to it. pweeeeese. *puppy eyes*
    JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By JP_Russell

Aww...  I feel like you could totally beat some of the levels you gave up on.  But I get that you're tired of pushing yourself through them. :P  It was a blast while it lasted! 

So, got any feelings about what game you might want to play next?

Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#175  Edited By Sarumarine

Nice! End of a great run.

On the Dark World Dr. Fetus boss fight, I had the same mentality when it came to the last corridor of saws. Fortunately, I was able to make it through. But man, great show.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.