Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Dec 07, 2018

The Switch debut of Nintendo's flagship fighting game series brings together every character from the series' history, bringing the roster to over 70 fighters.

Simon and Richter Belmont, King K. Rool, Chrom, Dark Samus and even freaking Rathalos coming to Smash!

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nicksmi56

All the characters listed above except Rathalos are playable.

103 stages, including a Castlevania one with several classic bosses making an appearance, including Dracula himself.

800 music tracks (with 34 specifically from Castlevania) and an MP3 mode while your Switch is on rest mode to listen to them all. Also any music can be put on a stage of the same franchise.

Stage morphing between any two stages.

The return of Classic mode.

Chargeable final smashes.

Several new game modes and one on the main menu that's yet to be revealed.

How much bigger can this game get?? Is anyone else freaking hyped?

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm so happy. This game is everything I've ever wanted from smash. December can't come soon enough!

enoxseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If K. Rool is in... Then Bubsy is certainly next.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Don't forget Shovel Knight being an Assist Trophy too! I know some people were bummed that he's not playable, but that has to be a huge deal for Yacht Club games. A mascot of a fairly successful indie game making an appearance as an assist trophy is huge!

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cmblasko

That's awesome! Hope they capture that feeling of old school Castlevania game play with the Belmonts. They should put Dixie in as an alternate form of Diddy at his point. (Were they called shadows or echoes or something? I forget, whatever Daisy is to Peach.)

And Capcom seems to be putting Rathalos everywhere these days!

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Man, ya'll remember when you fought K. Rool and the music transitioned menacingly? Blessed video game memories.

Loading Video...

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Seems kinda weird that when they announced the game the only new character mentioned was the squid kids from Splatoon. And then they seemed kinda cagey about mentioning any other new characters, since they were emphasizing how the game will have all the returning characters and stages from previous games.

Cool announcement and everything, and I'm happy to see the game getting new characters, but why not show these additions at E3 a couple months ago instead of wasting everyone's time?

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drakoji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: It's called a marketing campaign. You need to have monthly updates about your game to keep it relevant until launch.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I think Simon and K. Rool have been rumored for a while, but Richter is a really neat pull as an alternate. I don’t think we quite needed another half hour to show all of this stuff, but I guess this is Nintendo’s only big game this holiday and they’re going to push it as hard as they can.

More importantly, I cannot wait to see how irrationally angry people are because their pet obscure character hasn’t been announced but yet another Fire Emblem swordboy has.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By imhungry

Maybe this is dumb but that gigantic playlist and music player functionality got me way more interested in picking this up than I was.

Also, Chrom is definitely the worst Fire Emblem swordboy.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

As someone who hasn't played Smash in a long time and is/what somewhat interested in this game, I am conflicted about this game and the most recent announcements. On the one hand, I'm thinking, "Great, more characters and maps - so much content, YAY!" On the other hand, I'm thinking, 'Holy shit 103 maps and a ridiculous amount of characters to learn? This is gonna be overwhelming'

I may be skipping this game...IDK. Seems like its a Smash game for Smash fans...which is cool. But it seems like a lot to take in for newcomers/relapsed players to the series.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That mystery mode is clearly going to be the adventure mode.

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

Shoutouts to the people making the cg trailers. Luigi being fucking reaped and Dedede disguised as K. Rool had me in stitches, and they look great to boot.

Honestly my excitement levels are through the roof. Don't care for more sword dudes but the other new characters look great.

Over 100 stages? Over 800 music tracks? Over 30 of which are Castle-freaking-vania?!? These guys know the way to my heart.

If you didn't know the stages and items sections of the official site are now live.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Some good additions to the already impressive roster. This looks like the game that'll get me back into Smash.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Lucina already a smash character..? A character what fights identically to Chrom for Reasons?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By TheHT

Holy fuckin shit, I actually really hoped they put in King K. Rool. But also the fuckin Belmonts? I was thinkin about getting a laptop for work, but pfft, work. Clearly getting a Switch to play Mario Kart and Smash Bros. is more important.

This shit so great:

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was always interested in this Smash, but watching those numbers get bigger on the player/level count is getting me excited. After skipping the WiiU it'll cool to jump back in.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@efesell: Yes; however, in Smash Lucina fights identically to Marth, whereas Chrom fights identically to... Marth... but with a different Up B...

cubidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well pretty much everything about this is just insanely awesome. As a huge Nintendo and Smash Bros. fanboy, this got me insanely hyped. A quick rundown of some of my thoughts:

• The reveal that Shovel Knight is just an assist trophy. He has his own amiibo and a diverse moveset! He should be playable Nintendo! Support the indies!
    • All the Castlevania stuff is awesome, with the amount of bosses and songs available just for that one stage being crazy! Also Luigi exploring the castle and getting killed by Death was hilarious.
    • I've been saying the King K. Rool should be playable since Melee, so it's nice he's finally in the game. Especially because he's a heavy and there aren't a ton of heavy characters. Also what looks like his final smash is pretty great as somebody who played a lot of DK64 as a kid.
    • I don't care about Dark Samus at all. The fact they said she was a frequent fan requested character is ridiculous to me. I have never heard anybody talk about her when talking about new characters that should be added, and I've watched a lot of youtube videos about that subject. You know who people actually want? WALUIGI!
    • Crew battle mode will be great for competitive smash
    • The smashdown mode is perfect for me because it always frustrates me that my brother plays the same few characters while I'm trying to learn the whole cast. It isn't fun to fight the same 5 characters over and over. Now he'll be forced to play outside his comfort zone and experiment.
    • Being able to change to another stage midgame is pretty crazy and fun.
    • Being able to listen to any song from a franchise on any map from the same franchise is pretty sick.
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I'm still too bummed about Nintendo spending thirty minutes on this game during their E3 conference to get excited for it. I understand it's their big game for the year, but... come on.

...still, it is pretty cool that you can put Richter and Simon on the same battlefield. And it's pretty cool that Richter gets to keep some of his Symphony of the Night lines.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@casepb said:

That mystery mode is clearly going to be the adventure mode.

I hope so, it may seem dumb but I always enjoyed adventure mode even if it was a bit too long and there were some frustrating sections.

Personally i'm not too hyped since I wasnt the biggest fan of the last game and adding new characters to that foundation which seems largely the same doesnt appeal to me. At least not enough to pay full price. I know it's fighting game, and you could ask what else could you want from a sequel and I dont really have an answer.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, I want a playable Rathalos. That would be way cooler than Ridley.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By doctordonkey

I've always wanted either Simon or Richter in a smash game, so them putting in both is rad as hell. Also, the best part of this is all the Castlevania music. Every single Castlevania song fuckin' rips.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are really throwing everything they got at this game, hope it lives up to fan expectations

Moderp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game gunna be dope.

One thing that they could add in here that would make me instantly pull the preorder trigger is low poly characters beside that, if you are a Nintendo fan, I would buy the game on principle for the 800+ Nintendo soundtracks.

SunSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point it's safe to say that Nintendo treats Konami's properties better than Konami does. I'm super excited for this game.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By fatalbanana

You had me at King K. mothereffin Krule! He and Simon are such good additions to the roster. Consider me hyped.

King Krules music was good in 1 but I like 2 just a bit more I think.

Loading Video...

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised it's all sword people from FE...doesnt that franchise have like...non-sword weapons? all but 2 FE characters in this game have swords and not-that-different movesets, besides Ike.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God, they're gonna put Geno in this game, aren't they?

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I'm amazed that there was no surprise Waluigi

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Turambar
    TheChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Still lacking Travis Touchdown.

Winship

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylifeforaiur: Thank you! Gangplank Galleon was my ringtone for years. it is so hype! and I've wanted K.K.Rool as a character in Smash since Melee! mostly cause just having DK felt like it wasn't enough smash needed more DK Country Characters!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.