Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 13, 2014

Collectively known as "Super Smash Bros. 4", the fourth installment of Nintendo's fighting game series was released for both the Wii U console and the handheld Nintendo 3DS.

Dedede is back in For Wii U and For 3DS

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

No Caption Provided

Yep. He's back. Fairly predictable, nothing much to say, I bet he'll play similar to how he did in Brawl.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm glad he made it back in. While I still prefer to play as Bowser, DeDeDe was the closest thing I had to a sub-character.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

How uninteresting.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

SURPRIIIIIIIIIIIISE

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

You can learn a lot about a person from how they pronounce "Dedede".

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

These announcements suck.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: Why? The timing makes sense given that a new Kirby game is about to come out in Japan.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mikeeegeee

I am thrilled! I mained Dedede

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: @hailinel: I think it's because they're devoid of any meaningful information. They're just confirmation of stuff that's extremely easy to guess and them showing a model that, hey guess what, looks like the one from Brawl.

Speaking of comparisons to Brawl remember how back then Sakurai went mad and put in a ton of detail onto a webpage every day announcing new items, characters, maps and whatever? Compared to that this is extra shitty.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They haven't had an interesting announcement since Wii Fit Girl, and I'm starting to think that might be the last one.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@theht: Why? The timing makes sense given that a new Kirby game is about to come out in Japan.

The way they're slowly doling out these character reveals with the majority of them being previous challengers is lame. Even 3 character announcements every few months with 1 new character per bunch would be far more interesting than "HEY LUIGI IS BACK!! STAY TUNED FOR WHEN WE REVEAL ANOTHER CHARACTER NEXT MONTH!! SPOILERS IT'S PRINCESS PEACH!!!"

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themasterds: Sakurai has been making daily posts to Miiverse M-F with a new pic every day. If anything, the total output is even more than his Brawl updates.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Not that I'm surprised. I really wish there was a better way to avoid Smash Bros. talk apart from the release date, I mean short of avoiding the internet as a whole until it's out. I really ruined Brawl for myself knowing pretty much everything ahead of time. I'm totally getting both versions of this game though.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: They aren't screenshots of N64 Wrestling games. They can't compare to full on articles explaining the various ins and outs of Super Smash Brothers Brawl. They're just "Hey look, it's some twats!" No substance at all.

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

You guys are vastly under-reacting to the downright thrilling announcement of the best video game character of all time returning to Smash Bros. This is the best news of 2014, I doubt it will be topped

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themasterds: ...What are you even talking about? What do N64 wrestling games have to do with this?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
    deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You guys are vastly under-reacting to the downright thrilling announcement of the best video game character of all time returning to Smash Bros. This is the best news of 2014, I doubt it will be topped

I hope nothing happens in 2014 so that you are right and feel bad.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry DDD but now that Marth and Rosalina are announced, I don't see that being topped.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Call me when they start announcing more crazy shit in the vein of Wii Fit Lady.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: Jeff has talked about about how screenshots of N64 Wrestling games were big for traffic back in the day before. That's what I was referring to. It wasn't meant to be a very serious part of that post mind.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Meh, no surprise here. They really need to go crazy and add somebody way out there. Like Tingle or the Mii Plaza rabbit or the submarine from Steel Diver.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: Jeff has talked about about how screenshots of N64 Wrestling games were big for traffic back in the day before. That's what I was referring to. It wasn't meant to be a very serious part of that post mind.

That's kind of an obscure reference to be slinging off the cuff there.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I hated Dedede in Brawl. For some reason, I found his final smash completely useless when I was playing as him but really annoying when I was playing against him: The final smash itself kills very few characters but acts as a barrier and damage-increaser so that other characters can finish each other off - meanwhile you can't do anything. So when you're against him it's just annoying and makes fighting the other fighters harder, but as Dedede you gain nothing. Grrrrrrrr... I hope they change it somewhat (they almost certainly won't).

In other news, I don't know how people thought this was a certainty for Dedede to return. He was only in Brawl before, and isn't as well-known or important enough to be the first in line from that game roster to return. When characters like Roy and Mewtwo didn't make the jump from Melee to Brawl, it looked to me like Dedede wouldn't be likely to make the jump into this (especially how Sakurai has said he doesn't really like having a huge roster of characters - so it wouldn't be out of the question to cut back some).

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wow, who even cares about DeDeDe or played as him in Brawl? No one. All these same boring characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.