Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

A new challenger appears!

JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Edited By JDUB_XL

Today marks my entry into the Street Fighter series. I picked up SSF4 today on a whim mostly because I have a few friends playing it and I decided now is a good time to get in on the action. I also picked it up now sooner than later so i could participate in this week's Thursday Night Throwdown. So far, everything that long time players say about getting your ass kicked staring out is completely true both against random players and even friends.  

I played about 30 matches or so. 20 of them were with 2 good friends of mine and about 10 were against random players on XBL. I won about 2 matches against my friend but only because he was screwing around and let me win. I did not win a single match against any random online players. I did win a couple rounds though. So far I am enjoying my time with the game and am optimistic about the long road ahead to learning the ropes.

JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By JDUB_XL

Today marks my entry into the Street Fighter series. I picked up SSF4 today on a whim mostly because I have a few friends playing it and I decided now is a good time to get in on the action. I also picked it up now sooner than later so i could participate in this week's Thursday Night Throwdown. So far, everything that long time players say about getting your ass kicked staring out is completely true both against random players and even friends.  

I played about 30 matches or so. 20 of them were with 2 good friends of mine and about 10 were against random players on XBL. I won about 2 matches against my friend but only because he was screwing around and let me win. I did not win a single match against any random online players. I did win a couple rounds though. So far I am enjoying my time with the game and am optimistic about the long road ahead to learning the ropes.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By OllyOxenFree

I'm happy that you are enjoying it.  Keep on practicin' and you'll be kicking every other person's ass in no time.

And by no time I meant probably from 1 to 6 months. :P

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By cap123

I'm totally going to get this too, and i will suck just as bad. I will have to give you a game some time!

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By lordofultima

You'll be alright, NEVER GIVE UP.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Stang
    @JDUB_XL: We all got stomped on at the beginning, don't ever get discouraged. Make sure to go to the match making thread and post your info, the vast majority of people are nice to play with and will help you if you have questions. Just stay away from Ultima, he is a viscous beast.
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By lilbigsupermario

Cool! 

Welcome to the Street Fighter community!  Just don't get frustrated when you get beat up in almost every match.  And if you do get frustrated, take a day off then get back on it again, it's fun and fulfilling when your practice & hard work eventually pays off and your starting to win matches online. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

1 year on and Street Fighter is just starting to sink in.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By AndrewJD
    @Stang said:
    "Just stay away from Ultima, he is a viscous beast. "
    Typo?... or are you saying he's thick.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Stang
    @mubress: Both!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.