Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Adon help

Flaminglizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Flaminglizard

I recently bought the 1st street fighter game of my life and after messing around with a number of different characters. I decided that I liked Adon practiced by doing the arcade mode for him, I hopped online and am keep getting my arse handed to me repeatedly. It maybe because I am rubbish but do any Adon players have any tips or are playing SSFIV on the PS3 so I can look you up?
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By StaticFalconar

Thing is, adon's moves are good if they hit and they do have good priority, but for the most part, they are mostly unsafe (as in if the other person blocks your move, they have time to get a free hit off you) and his combos are really hard to time. Arcade mode is good for getting comfortable with your character and practicing combos and moves, but they are so brain dead compared to real opponents who probably knows how to block. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3
    deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

They seem daunting to a newcomer, but try to do as many trials as you can. They'll help you learn your basic combos. If one is driving you nuts, skip to the next. Do them whenever you get a chance, even the one's you've already done.

As for Adon specific tips, I only have a few:
    -His standing hard kick is a great tool to keep people away. It comes out pretty fast and has insane reach. Throw it out there every once in awhile.
    -Crouching fierce punch is another good poke. Does okay damage as well. 
    -When up close, learn how to quickly combo into your rising jaguar and then get out of range. Mix it up. 
    -Mix up your jaguar tooths as well. You can fake someone out by hitting the light kick version and just landing near the wall.

Flaminglizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Flaminglizard

Do you think that I should change to another character like ryu or ken?
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @Flaminglizard: wouldn't know unless i played you i'm actually on now PSN Staticfalconar 

Edit: Reason why I say that is because I need to know how you play whether you're actually thinking about your actions but just doesn't know enough about adon to win, or if you are super predictable and throw the same shit out just hoping for a win. (if you the latter, then it wouldn't matter what character you picked). 
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Rhaknar

Adon is all about mind games, using different reaches of his jaguar tooth and kick (with the different kicks). He can be both very predictable, or very unpredictable. He's also very special move dependent, he doesnt have many combos or links. I love him, but most people hate him (and most people don't know how to use him to be fair)

For a first street fighter game, I wouldn't recommend him as a first character

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By OmegaPirate

Ive been thrashed by a good few Adons online and funnily enough he was also the only character in Arcade to give me any trouble (even more than seth)  
    Agree with what others have said here, he can be very unpredictable at times which seems to be when hes at his most effective - all the advice Rhaknar gave in the post above this should give you a good indication of how to 'Up' your game!

Flaminglizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Flaminglizard

Thanks for all of the tips. I have started playing as Ryu lately and am having better luck with him. I think that I will stick with him for the time being and maybe try playing as Adon again once I become a more accomplished player.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By napalm
    @Flaminglizard said:
    " I recently bought the 1st street fighter game of my life and after messing around with a number of different characters. I decided that I liked Adon practiced by doing the arcade mode for him, I hopped online and am keep getting my arse handed to me repeatedly. It maybe because I am rubbish but do any Adon players have any tips or are playing SSFIV on the PS3 so I can look you up? "
    I highly suggest NOT using Adon first. Use a character such as Ryu to help ease you into and understand the basic mechanics and systems within SSFIV. Adon is a stupidly hard character to learn, and you might get discouraged quickly. Adon is an unconventional character. He's a lot like Crimson Viper - your execution needs to be top notch, and you need to keep moving and mixing your game up to confuse and piss off your opponent. Adon is definitely one of the more difficult characters to learn, which is why I suggested going with an easier character just to get you used to the systems.
    Jemenez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Jemenez
    @StaticFalconar said:
    " Thing is, adon's moves are good if they hit and they do have good priority, but for the most part, they are mostly unsafe (as in if the other person blocks your move, they have time to get a free hit off you) and his combos are really hard to time. Arcade mode is good for getting comfortable with your character and practicing combos and moves, but they are so brain dead compared to real opponents who probably knows how to block.  "
    Adon is more safe than unsafe. His Jaguar Tooth is safe and in grab range if you havent noticed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.