Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Endless Battle and Team Battle Voice Chat Options?

Zombieheadbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Zombieheadbutt

Does anyone else wish they could silence voice chat when their match actually comes up?  If this is possible I haven't found it short of muting ever single person one at a time.  I know some of you will say that if you want to be serious only play Ranked matches.  I really enjoy the 8-player Endless Battles its just I don't want a guy screaming "Dude, yo just gets twisted bro!" the entire time.  Any thoughts?

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By lilbigsupermario

I think you can mute voice chat from the endless battle lobby? not sure though...

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3  Edited By yetiantics

while youre spectating. press start, menu comes up to mute.
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JokerSmilez

Do you have a headset? Take it off during fighting, or roll the volume all the way off.

Zombieheadbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zombieheadbutt
    @JokerSmilez said:
    " Do you have a headset? Take it off during fighting, or roll the volume all the way off. "
    That would be the sensible thing to do but I'm hearing impaired and use a Turtle Beach headset and sound is an important part of playing the game when your pulling combos, etc.

@PantyshotMQN said:
    " while youre spectating. press start, menu comes up to mute. "

Not sure if I've seen it in there.  I'll have to check.
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Zombieheadbutt said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:
    " Do you have a headset? Take it off during fighting, or roll the volume all the way off. "
    That would be the sensible thing to do but I'm hearing impaired and use a Turtle Beach headset and sound is an important part of playing the game when your pulling combos, etc.

@PantyshotMQN said:
    Not sure if I've seen it in there.  I'll have to check. "
    Is there a seperate volume control for the chat volume? I'm not familiar with the Turtle Beach stuff.
    MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @JokerSmilez said:
    " @Zombieheadbutt said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:

@PantyshotMQN said:
    Is there a seperate volume control for the chat volume? I'm not familiar with the Turtle Beach stuff. "
    I use Turtle Beach headphones. That only makes it easier- there's separate volume controls for the voice and game audio. Just turn the voice down.
    Zombieheadbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zombieheadbutt
    @MysteriousBob said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:
    " @Zombieheadbutt said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:

@PantyshotMQN said:
    Is there a seperate volume control for the chat volume? I'm not familiar with the Turtle Beach stuff. "
    I use Turtle Beach headphones. That only makes it easier- there's separate volume controls for the voice and game audio. Just turn the voice down. "
    Yea, now I feel stupid because I knew but for some reason I had the "To the Forums!" knee jerk reaction when I realized I it couldn't be done more easily in game.
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lilbigsupermario

when i was playing endless battle a while ago, in the lobby, there's a MUTE option there and you can choose the people in the lobby whom you want to mute. :)

Zombieheadbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zombieheadbutt
    @lilbigsupermario said:
    " when i was playing endless battle a while ago, in the lobby, there's a MUTE option there and you can choose the people in the lobby whom you want to mute. :) "
    Yea, I think I mentioned in my original post that muting them is an option but its a convoluted process for something that could be so much simpler.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By lordofultima
    @Zombieheadbutt said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:

@PantyshotMQN said:
    Sound really isn't that important to pulling off combos, you should probably be taking some more visual cues if you can't do a combo with it muted. Just my two cents.
    Zombieheadbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zombieheadbutt
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Zombieheadbutt said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:

@PantyshotMQN said:
    Sound really isn't that important to pulling off combos, you should probably be taking some more visual cues if you can't do a combo with it muted. Just my two cents. "
    I'm somewhat mentally retarded when it comes to combos for whatever reason.  The best I can achieve is a cross-up with a few crouch m.k. canceled into a special move.  Any more difficult then that and I'm hopelessly lost.  I enjoy the game because when I do when I'll have "Eye of the Tiger" running around in my head for a bit...it could also be due to a brain tumor, not sure.  I can't finish the trails with any character other than Bison which is why he was my main in vanilla.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By lordofultima
    @Zombieheadbutt said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Zombieheadbutt said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:

@PantyshotMQN said:
    Sound really isn't that important to pulling off combos, you should probably be taking some more visual cues if you can't do a combo with it muted. Just my two cents. "
    I'm somewhat mentally retarded when it comes to combos for whatever reason.  The best I can achieve is a cross-up with a few crouch m.k. canceled into a special move.  Any more difficult then that and I'm hopelessly lost.  I enjoy the game because when I do when I'll have "Eye of the Tiger" running around in my head for a bit...it could also be due to a brain tumor, not sure.  I can't finish the trails with any character other than Bison which is why he was my main in vanilla. "
    I felt really bad for a second when I read this post, then I said "oh what a kidder." Then you laid it on me again with the brain tumor thing, yeesh. On the subject of combos, if you play Bison you need that crouching short x3, that is the magic combo.
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @Zombieheadbutt said:
    " @lilbigsupermario said:
    " when i was playing endless battle a while ago, in the lobby, there's a MUTE option there and you can choose the people in the lobby whom you want to mute. :) "
    Yea, I think I mentioned in my original post that muting them is an option but its a convoluted process for something that could be so much simpler. "
    Oh okay! Yeah, I think there should be like a "mute all" option rather than just muting all the players one by one. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.