Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

how does this game sort by skill?

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By beargirl1

by that i mean when you go to custom match (in ranked match) and you choose it to sort by same skill.  

i'm wondering because i'm trying to get better as Juri but when i select same skill level, all i get is crazy Akuma and Ryu players who completely destroy me. they're not exactly at my skill level. does it sort by PP? because even if it was sorted by that, i shouldn't be getting these players because my Player Points right now is about 200.  

thank you 

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Phished0ne

I've been wondering that too, it doesn't seem to sort by any way i can recognize, i'll fight players that have 2,000 more BP or PP than me. Or players who have a grade 1 or 2 levels above me.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Fallen189

A mix of PP and character rank

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By fwylo

I think is sorts by a certain range and tries to put you somewhere near someone in that range.  But if there is no one near you, then it just puts you with someone in that range. 

The highest I've fought was about a 4500 bp when I was around 600.  So the range might be 0-5000 or something.  I think your Character rank matters as well.

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Gambit

character rank doesn't factor in since the game doesn't know what character you'll be picking.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#6  Edited By Yummylee

These days it'll only match you up with people who'll mash right through you.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Very poorly.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Shadow

I wish there was a way not to go by PP.  I like playing as Dan a lot online and as a result, I almost always lose as him.  Because of this, my PP is constantly under 1000, but would be far higher if I stuck to the 3 characters I'm actually good with.  Really, there isn't a way to  sort by actual skill.  You're better off getting into a match with some friends who you know are your general skill level.  Also, the training option never hurts.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By beargirl1
    @Shadow: the training option is functional, but you'll never get better just by training against a dummy. my PP is usually over 1000 because of when i play as Cammy, but when i try to learn a new character to play as online or play as someone i don't usually play as, i usually end up getting killed :< 
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Shadow
    @AjayRaz: I forgot about this, but I can't tell you how much my fighting as Dudley has been helped by watching a ton of the replays

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.