Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

How to Combat People Cheesing Guile

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lesaboteur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lesaboteur

I'm fairly new to SF4, but I've run into a ton of people cheesing the hell out of Guile by spamming Sonic Boom already. How would I go about combating this?

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Stang

Who is your main? Depends on who you are using, there is no universal strategy.

lesaboteur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lesaboteur

I've generally been playing Sagat and Hakan. Leaning more towards Sagat as Hakan doesn't seem to be very friendly for new players.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Stang

Well with Sagat, fight fire with fire. Your tiger shot is tops in the game, spam that shit. Slowly inch your way forward using either focus attacks or short tiger knees. You will need to learn footsies with Sagat, the common downfall for online Sagat's is that they have absloutely no understanding of footsies, meaning when you get close to him or he approaches you, you are lost. Pressure him with strings like crouching short crouching short tiger shot/short tiger knee. If he jumps at you, that is a free tiger uppercut.

I am not expert with Sagat, you not knowing what to do comes with the territory of being new. You will learn the more you play, or I should say, the more you get your ass kicked. We have all been there.

lesaboteur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lesaboteur
    @Stang: And how, out of 12 matches tonight I managed to get one win. It is a punishing game, but a ton of fun to play feels like I learn something new every match.
    Pixelzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pixelzombie
    @lesaboteur said:
    "It is a punishing game, but a ton of fun to play feels like I learn something new every match. "
    Sounds like you're on the right track!
    OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Yeah with Sagat spam tiger shots and get closer.  Jump in little by little- if you sense that the Guile will do a Flash Kick, block the kick and use this time to punish him- either by throwing his ass, pulling an ultra, or do an uppercut while he is in the air.

Zombieheadbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Zombieheadbutt
    @lesaboteur said:
    " @Stang: And how, out of 12 matches tonight I managed to get one win. It is a punishing game, but a ton of fun to play feels like I learn something new every match. "
    If it makes you feel any better I'm 2 for 7 at the moment and I played quite a bit of vanilla SFIV.  Right now the playing field has leveled out yet.  The hardcore are mixed it with the beginners.  Give it a bit and you'll start getting some same skill matches.
    MMkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MMkain

Guile cannot win a straight up fireball war with Sagat, so keep shooting those tigers and he will be forced to come at you. Be wary when Guile is between half screen and sweep range from you as he can follow up his jab SB with a Backfist or jump in to punish your fireball, so be patient at this range and keep him out with TK, TU, and well spaced normals. Be careful when fighting Guile close up with Sagat as Guiles close range normals outclass Sagats (don't spam sweep).

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By lordofultima

If you're new please direct questions like these to the beginniners thread, just to keep things tidy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.