Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Question about unlocking colors, taunts, titles, and icons?

Avatar image for holycrapitsadam
    holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By holycrapitsadam

Hey guys, I am pretty new to the SSFIV circuit and I was just wondering how you go about unlocking colors, taunts, titles, and icons. Also, how many taunts, colors, do each character have?

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By LordXavierBritish

You unlock Colors and Taunts for individual characters by playing as them for certain periods of time. 

You unlock Titles and Icons by doing certain things in the game like completing trials, beating arcade mode, winning online battles, etc.

holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By holycrapitsadam
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    "

You unlock Colors and Taunts for individual characters by playing as them for certain periods of time. 

You unlock Titles and Icons by doing certain things in the game like completing trials, beating arcade mode, winning online battles, etc.

"
    cool thanks. I felt like I was unlocking them just randomly. Thanks for clearing this up. Do you know how many colors, taunts, etc. each character has?
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    @HolyCrapItsAdam said:
    " @LordXavierBritish said:
    "

"
    cool thanks. I felt like I was unlocking them just randomly. Thanks for clearing this up. Do you know how many colors, taunts, etc. each character has? "

I'm not sure about taunts, but I know that each character has 12 different colors. 2 of those can only be unlocked by having a save of vanilla SFIV on your console, at least to my knowledge. 
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @HolyCrapItsAdam: 

Actually, it's not by playing characters for certain periods of time.  You just need to select them, and you'll unlock a new color or taunt every time.  If you want to play the game normally while doing so, it's easiest to do in endless mode.
    holycrapitsadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By holycrapitsadam
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    " @HolyCrapItsAdam said:
    " @LordXavierBritish said:
    "

"
    cool thanks. I felt like I was unlocking them just randomly. Thanks for clearing this up. Do you know how many colors, taunts, etc. each character has? "
    I'm not sure about taunts, but I know that each character has 12 different colors. 2 of those can only be unlocked by having a save of vanilla SFIV on your console, at least to my knowledge.  "
    yeah I have 11 and 12. Thanks for the quick response
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lilbigsupermario

For the colors, there are a total of 12 if you have Street Fighter IV vanilla, colors 11 and 12 are bonus colors for owners of the original SF4.  But if you don't have SF4, then it's a total of 10 per character.

For taunts, it's 10 total taunts for each character. 

Unlocking the colors and taunts are easy actually.  You just need to use the character to unlock a color, but you have to specifically use the latest color or taunt to unlock the succeeding colors and taunts.  For example, if you use Ryu, choose COLOR 1 and TAUNT 1 to unlock COLOR 2.  When you unlock COLOR 2, the next time you choose Ryu, choose COLOR 2/TAUNT 1 to unlock TAUNT 2.  After unlocking TAUNT 2, choose Ryu again and go with the combination COLOR 2/TAUNT 2 to unlock COLOR 3, then COLOR 3/TAUNT 2 to unlock TAUNT 3, and it goes on until you unlock all colors and taunts.  :) 

So when you play any character, always use the latest color or taunt unlocked so you'll always unlock something after a match. :)

jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jaycee13
    @lilbigsupermario said:
     but you have to specifically use the latest color or taunt to unlock the succeeding colors and taunts.
    Thats not how it worked for me at all.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3
    deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

@jaycee13: Me either. I think it just unlocks in the order of color, taunt, color, taunt, etc. 

Maybe @lilbigsupermario found a quicker way?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3
    deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@HolyCrapItsAdam:  Also keep in mind you get one title for completing the arcade mode with a character (a blue one) and a different one for beating it with the same character on Hardest (a red one). I found this out when getting the achievement for beating Hardest mode by cheesing the AI with Zangief and got both of his when I finished.
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @Rmack said:

" @jaycee13: Me either. I think it just unlocks in the order of color, taunt, color, taunt, etc. 

Maybe @lilbigsupermario found a quicker way? "

Really? maybe i was just making it complicated haha!  That's what I did specifically, I guess it doesn't need to be in sequence?  I think just using various characters already unlocks stuff, but what I did, I just based it on this video: 

I found the video just now, I was originally planning to post it earlier hehe! :)
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By NinjaHunter
    @lilbigsupermario: You don't need to select the newest color/taunt but everything else is right. You just need to select the character over and over. I think it only works for player 1 though player two doesn't unlock anything.
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @NinjaHunter said:

" @lilbigsupermario: You don't need to select the newest color/taunt but everything else is right. You just need to select the character over and over. I think it only works for player 1 though player two doesn't unlock anything. "

Ooooh! okay!  I thought it had to be specifically the latest color or taunt hehe! 

My bad! :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.