Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Should you sell your copy of SF IV before Super SF IV releases?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    This entire thread at NeoGAF basically confirms the existence of a Super Street Fighter IV and I'm sure by now that it will be a full retail release.  Information on it is supposed to be released at midnight or something so I'm wondering: should I sell my copy before the price on the current SF IV plummets in retail or should I keep it?  All this considering the fact that I'll probably get this game.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By napalm

No offense but do we really need a poll dedicated to this?

PS. It should be, "Would you sell..."

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

I'm not going to sell my copy of SFIV in a million years.

freakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By freakin

I find it hard to believe this won't be a substantial add on to the current game.  Something in the 20 dollar range.    And then of course a seperate game with all the add on content will be released.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Shadow

Eventually, I hope I'll get good enough to complete the trials for the characters.  In interest of getting 1000 points in Street Fighter 4, I think I'll keep the original game.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By skrutop

Nah, I only paid $20 for it.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Napalm said:
    " No offense but do we really need a poll dedicated to this?  PS. It should be, "Would you sell..." "
    No, because Super SF IV is going to be released eventually and I put "Should" because maybe you should sell it to save money, but you just don't want to.  And yes, I am interested in seeing the results on this poll.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By dbz1995
    @Napalm said:
    " No offense but do we really need a poll dedicated to this?  PS. It should be, "Would you sell..." "
    Don't pick an argument with this dude, else he shalt kick your ass.

Edit:

@FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Napalm said:
    No, because Super SF IV is going to be released eventually and I put "Should" because maybe you should sell it to save money, but you just don't want to.  And yes, I am interested in seeing the results on this poll. "

I see. Already done.

And no, no you shouldn't.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Shadow said:
    " Eventually, I hope I'll get good enough to complete the trials for the characters.  In interest of getting 1000 points in Street Fighter 4, I think I'll keep the original game. "
    How about after SSF IV releases?  Will you sell it then even if the trial is still there and all that or will you keep it anyways?
    Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Why? It's still a good game.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Jolly_Lolly said:
    " Why? It's still a good game. "
    But if you got SSF IV, SF IV would be an inferior version of the game.  It's not the same thing as Bioshock and Bioshock 2, since those tell different stories and they're different enough from eachother.  SSF IV just adds to SF IV.

Actually, this poll is no good.  The formulated question is too convoluted.  I want a mod to lock this or something, I'm making another, simpler one.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By GunstarRed

what if they...and they might (I know it's unlikely, but still) break it? 
    They might rebalance it  or add new mechanics for the worse and then you may wan't to return to it.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I bought the game on steam, I don't think I could sell it.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @marioncobretti said:
    " what if they...and they might (I know it's unlikely, but still) break it? They might rebalance it  or add new mechanics for the worse and then you may wan't to return to it. "
    In some ways, SF IV is already unbalanced with characters such as Sagat and Zangief.  They don't cause that much of a problem, but they are somewhat too powerful and noob friendly.  But even if they somehow "break" it, it's all about keeping up with the tourney scene or just keeping up with those who like Street Fighter.
    Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Jolly_Lolly said:
    But if you got SSF IV, SF IV would be an inferior version of the game.  It's not the same thing as Bioshock and Bioshock 2, since those tell different stories and they're different enough from eachother.  SSF IV just adds to SF IV.  Actually, this poll is no good.  The formulated question is too convoluted.  I want a mod to lock this or something, I'm making another, simpler one. "
    I think it's a little early to go calling SSF4 the "superior" game, considering we hardly know anything about it, and, technically, it is still a rumor. 

Having both games doesn't hurt any either. I really don't see the point of this thread, sorry. The better question would have been "If SSFIV is released, does it have enough new features to warrant a purchase from you?"
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Jolly_Lolly said:
    " @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Jolly_Lolly said:
    But if you got SSF IV, SF IV would be an inferior version of the game.  It's not the same thing as Bioshock and Bioshock 2, since those tell different stories and they're different enough from eachother.  SSF IV just adds to SF IV.  Actually, this poll is no good.  The formulated question is too convoluted.  I want a mod to lock this or something, I'm making another, simpler one. "
    I think it's a little early to go calling SSF4 the "superior" game, considering we hardly know anything about it, and, technically, it is still a rumor.  Having both games doesn't hurt any either. I really don't see the point of this thread, sorry. The better question would have been "If SSFIV is released, does it have enough new features to warrant a purchase from you?" "
    It's all about the money.  If you sell SF IV and then buy SSF IV, you'll have more money.  If you don't sell it, you'll have less money.  I think we can all assume that SSF IV will only give upgrades to SF IV, so therefore SF IV would be a downgrade.  Think MMO expansion, if the expansion was not added to the original game and you only needed the expansion disc to play everything: would you sell the original game disc to have more money and then buy the expansion disc that adds to the original game, or would you keep the original disc and then also buy the expansion disc, even though you'll never want to play the original disc again because the expansion disc is that plus much more?
    Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Jolly_Lolly said:
    " @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Jolly_Lolly said:
    I think it's a little early to go calling SSF4 the "superior" game, considering we hardly know anything about it, and, technically, it is still a rumor.  Having both games doesn't hurt any either. I really don't see the point of this thread, sorry. The better question would have been "If SSFIV is released, does it have enough new features to warrant a purchase from you?" "
    It's all about the money.  If you sell SF IV and then buy SSF IV, you'll have more money.  If you don't sell it, you'll have less money.  I think we can all assume that SSF IV will only give upgrades to SF IV, so therefore SF IV would be a downgrade.  Think MMO expansion, if the expansion was not added to the original game and you only needed the expansion disc to play everything: would you sell the original game disc to have more money and then buy the expansion disc that adds to the original game, or would you keep the original disc and then also buy the expansion disc, even though you'll never want to play the original disc again because the expansion disc is that plus much more? "
    I see what you mean, but it's just too early to ask this question. As for me, I'm going to wait and see how this game turns. You never know, what if the formula doesn't work out? What if some people prefer not to fight with the new characters? And this whole two ultra business might complicate things for some. 
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By rjayb89

I'm gonna wait for Super Street Fighter IV'.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jeffsekai

Never selling it, just like i wont sell Halo 3 even tho I have Halo 3:ODST

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " Never selling it, just like i wont sell Halo 3 even tho I have Halo 3:ODST "
    That's not a fair comparison when the campaign between Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST is radically different.
    Googly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Googly

No.  Personally I would rather have this come out as DLC as opposed to a new packaged product.  SFIV hasen't even been out for a year, so I see no need for a new retail SFIV right now.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By myke_tuna

I got my copy of SF IV on a weird day where my local Blockbuster's computer system was down, a trainee was working the counter, and I had no cash on me. Total was 21.60 (or something like that) and I was gonna pay with debit, but the thing didn't work...Anyway, I ended up walking out with it and paying nothing. I still haven't paid for it. Not because I'm a bad person, I just keep forgetting. And I don't really know what's gonna happen if I go down there. lol. But even if I did spend money to get SF IV, I don't see this Super SF IV coming out until mid-2010 at the earliest. I'd say late 2010/early 2011 (mid 2011 at the latest) is when you'll see the box for Super Street Fighter IV in English at your local Wal-Mart. I figure they will release in Japanese arcades first, couple of months go by, then home console release in Japan, then 2-3 months later, we get the English version and so on and so forth.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @FluxWaveZ said:

Yes it is, I've (Like a lot of people) are 100% done with Halo 3's campaign and as such only use it for the multiplayer. ODST has the multiplayer and then some but I won't sell it.

and besides, if you're going to say that about my response wait until we have more info on the damn game.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#25  Edited By citizenkane

Locked by OP request.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.