Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Some Fightstick modding help.

6ZZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By 6ZZA

What's up guys. so i have really been getting into the game recently and from what I've read fight sticks are the way to go. now keep in mind I'm not made of money and i'm wanting to keep this whole thing under 100. so here is what we have.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/XBOX_360/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A2594991

that stick is pretty cheap compared to other ones. so i know for a fact it is not good. so i'm looking for parts to swap out. i dont care about the Warranty.

so do you guys think you could link me to the best stick/buttons and keep it under 50 bucks for the parts?  

HOP ON IT
     :P

Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Schizoid

Wow, you can get those for 50 dollars in the US?! In Britain we have to pay £60! That's nuts! Anyway, there really isn't a best set of buttons or stick, it all comes down to personal preference but I'll link you to the most popular ones that are generally used by stick players. 

The Sanwa JLF stick tends to be the most popular choice and is regarded to be a great all around stick, though if you order from this website you'll need to buy a ball top, but that's all down to what your tastes are. The OBSF-30 buttons from what I've heard are a great set of buttons, but can be very sensitive. 

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By lordofultima

I recommend getting an SE only if you're going to mod it, the parts are pretty shoddy. You don't have to get a stick you know, you can use a normal controller and be fine.

6ZZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By 6ZZA

no I don't have a stick now. and i AM going to mod it.

lemon__fresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By lemon__fresh

I would go with the parts that schizoid recommended (they are used in sf4 arcade machines and TE stick). The buttons snap in and there is no solder required, took me around 15 minutes for my stick.

6ZZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By 6ZZA

and when it says 2.95 each does that mean per button or for a pair? it shows 2 in the picture so idk :P

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @6ZZA said:
    " and when it says 2.95 each does that mean per button or for a pair? it shows 2 in the picture so idk :P "
    Per button.
    MarceloAbans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By MarceloAbans

Look at craigslist for a TE stick. even if you find it new for $100 it's still worth it. Great controller and easier to mod.  

Here's mine. 

I changed the color my dog chewed the cord so I installed a USB port Type B so I can use any USE B to A cable. and installed an old mouse pad, reversed, to keep it from slipping off my lap. better than the rubber feet that come with the stick originally. Paid $150 and love it.. worth every penny. Don't skimp out on it.    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.