Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Thinking about getting SSF4

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

Hey, I'm thinking about getting this game. I love fighting games (I own DOA4, VF5, and BlazBlue) and I've played SF4 a bit. I don't know whether to get the 360 or PS3 version though. I'm leaning more towards 360 because I'm used to the stick from playing so much BlazBlue, and I think the stick placement of the DS3 would be terrible for fighting games, but I guess I'm wondering which platform you think has the larger community? 

I'm obviously going to have to learn how to play the game (In the meantime - I have SSF2THD Remix, how similar are they?) so I can figure out the characters, and from what I've played so far I really like Guile and C. Viper. 

I don't have any friends who own the game on 360 or PS3 so that isn't really a factor that comes into play. So, share your wisdom and hopefully I'll be seeing some of you soon.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Symphony

Get it for the 360, we'll drag ya into some Endless lobbies. Kekeke.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Ps3. Why? Because that's the platform I'm on, and I may be one of the easiest wins you'll find on GB. Help stroke your ego!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xyzygy

Also, another thing I wanted to ask is about the characters - I really like using C. Viper and Guile, are they recommendable? I don't want to use a cheap character.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64
    @xyzygy:   There are no cheap characters, only cheap tactics.
    Siepher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Siepher
    @xyzygy said:
    " Also, another thing I wanted to ask is about the characters - I really like using C. Viper and Guile, are they recommendable? I don't want to use a cheap character. "
    Would be nice to see some more Guile and C. Viper online. I've only seen them once or twice each.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xyzygy
    @Siepher said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " Also, another thing I wanted to ask is about the characters - I really like using C. Viper and Guile, are they recommendable? I don't want to use a cheap character. "
    Would be nice to see some more Guile and C. Viper online. I've only seen them once or twice each. "
    Really? Viper's Fire-Foot moves are so awesome, I can trick my friends a lot of the time and catch them off guard. They suck though, so I'd probably get my ass handed to me online. Her huge jump is also really awesome.
    Siepher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Siepher
    @xyzygy said:
    " @Siepher said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    Would be nice to see some more Guile and C. Viper online. I've only seen them once or twice each. "
    Really? Viper's Fire-Foot moves are so awesome, I can trick my friends a lot of the time and catch them off guard. They suck though, so I'd probably get my ass handed to me online. Her huge jump is also really awesome. "
    Yeah, I think she's a great character. I'd love to run into her some more. :) 

Therefor, get the Playstation 3 version, so I can have more C. Viper. Oh yeah!
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By lordofultima
    @xyzygy said:

" @Siepher said:

" @xyzygy said:
    Really? Viper's Fire-Foot moves are so awesome, I can trick my friends a lot of the time and catch them off guard. They suck though, so I'd probably get my ass handed to me online. Her huge jump is also really awesome. "
    Indian Chief Fire Foot is very upset with you right now, even shedding a tear. I TOLD YOU NOT TO LITTER JIMMY, I TOLD YOU!!
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xyzygy
    @lordofultima said:
    " @xyzygy said:

" @Siepher said:

" @xyzygy said:
    Indian Chief Fire Foot is very upset with you right now, even shedding a tear. I TOLD YOU NOT TO LITTER JIMMY, I TOLD YOU!! "
    Don't mock my lack of SSF4 knowledge! :P I will eventually learn the name of the move when I get the game, haha
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @xyzygy said:
    What do you mean by "cheap character"?
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pessh
    @xyzygy: PS3, great bunch of guys who'll help you out and better controller. Guile is fine, C.Viper is a high execution character so I'd stay away from her.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By napalm
    @xyzygy said:
    " Hey, I'm thinking about getting this game. I love fighting games (I own DOA4, VF5, and BlazBlue) and I've played SF4 a bit. I don't know whether to get the 360 or PS3 version though. I'm leaning more towards 360 because I'm used to the stick from playing so much BlazBlue, and I think the stick placement of the DS3 would be terrible for fighting games, but I guess I'm wondering which platform you think has the larger community?  I'm obviously going to have to learn how to play the game (In the meantime - I have SSF2THD Remix, how similar are they?) so I can figure out the characters, and from what I've played so far I really like Guile and C. Viper.  I don't have any friends who own the game on 360 or PS3 so that isn't really a factor that comes into play. So, share your wisdom and hopefully I'll be seeing some of you soon. "
    You can join Turbomonkey on his quest to perfect Guile, if you so choose. He's on the Xbox 360.
    ElegantRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ElegantRuby

Get it on PS3.  Thats where I am.  :D

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xyzygy
    @JokerSmilez said:

" @xyzygy said:

What do you mean by "cheap character"? "
    Well, I don't know. I've never played SF that much so I don't know if any characters have easily spammable moves. Like Jin or Noel in BlazBlue. But I guess it depends on who's playing, too.
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @xyzygy said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:

" @xyzygy said:

Well, I don't know. I've never played SF that much so I don't know if any characters have easily spammable moves. Like Jin or Noel in BlazBlue. But I guess it depends on who's playing, too. "
    SF4 and SSF4 are both very balanced games. Anything that is easily spammable is also easily negated by something else. It's just about knowing your character and the matchups. No matter who you're playing or who your opponent is playing, if they discover a weakness in your game or a move or combo you can't deal with, they're going to do it over and over until you lose. Doesn't make it cheap.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xyzygy
    @JokerSmilez said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:

" @xyzygy said:

Well, I don't know. I've never played SF that much so I don't know if any characters have easily spammable moves. Like Jin or Noel in BlazBlue. But I guess it depends on who's playing, too. "
    SF4 and SSF4 are both very balanced games. Anything that is easily spammable is also easily negated by something else. It's just about knowing your character and the matchups. No matter who you're playing or who your opponent is playing, if they discover a weakness in your game or a move or combo you can't deal with, they're going to do it over and over until you lose. Doesn't make it cheap. "
    Cool, thanks. Sounds awesome, can't wait to get the game. As much as I love BlazBlue there is nothing more annoying than walls of ice being thrown at me from across the screen.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xyzygy
    @Pessh said:
    " @xyzygy: PS3, great bunch of guys who'll help you out and better controller. Guile is fine, C.Viper is a high execution character so I'd stay away from her. "
    What does high execution mean?
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Stang
    @xyzygy: It means you can't suck if you want to use her correctly. Low life, game centered around super jumps/super jump canceling......she is just hard to use properly. You either are really good with her or complete trash, most people fall into the second category.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By napalm

High barrier to entry, and insanely strict timing with links.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xyzygy
    @Stang said:

" @xyzygy: It means you can't suck if you want to use her correctly. Low life, game centered around super jumps/super jump canceling......she is just hard to use properly. You either are really good with her or complete trash, most people fall into the second category. "

Cool. I guess that means I'll just have to try as hard as I can to get good with her...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.