Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Supergiant Games

Company »

Supergiant Games is an independent studio devoted to downloadable products. Its first game was Bastion, released during Summer of Arcade 2011.

I'd love to know what comes next for Supergiant Games

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By buft

Its been a while since Bastion came out, not so long that I'm surprised these guys haven't announced anything as of yet but I'd really love to know what these dudes/ladies are working on, I know from their website that they were recruiting a 3D artist in September and of course they had been working on the iOS version of Bastion so i decided to start this thread so people could begin the speculation or just add their hopes to the list.

I for one would love to see something that mixes the teams history from command and conquer to the unique way the story telling in bastion works.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

I'm not sure, but I doubt it could ever live up to fart cat.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Animasta

bastion 2: electric boogaloo

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By buft

@TooWalrus said:

I'm not sure, but I doubt it could ever live up to fart cat.

what the hell? thats what Rich Gallups studio made for real?

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Barrock

Me too. :( Something. Anything about it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

Was Chris Jurney at Supergiant whenever Bastion was made?

If not, then I should point out that Chris Jurney (formerly of Relic Entertainment and most recently Double Fine) is at Supergiant Games.

Also, they just finished job applications for a 3D artist.

Soooo...they are definitely in motion on SOMETHING.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By BisonHero

@jakob187: Chris Jurney wasn't with Supergiant during the original development of Bastion. Apparently he did contribute to the somewhat recent iPad version of the game.

And yeah, it makes sense that aside from Chris, they are also hiring a 3D artist, because from what I recall of Building the Bastion, no one on the team was a particularly experienced animator, so they ended up contracting some animation out while making Bastion.

I'd love to know what they're making next, because goddamn, Bastion is one of the most complete gaming experiences I've had in the past decade. Great gameplay (with really well thought out weapon customization), great story, great graphics, great music and audio.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Hunter5024

One thing I've noticed since this generation got me to start paying attention to indie developers is that they typically have a very slow turnaround. I'm super excited for whatever they make next, but with such a small team, I honestly don't expect anything for another two years at the very least.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.