Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sword of the Stars II: The Lords of Winter

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 28, 2011

The sequel to Kerberos Production's 2006 4X space-strategy game, Sword of the Stars.

SOTS 2 Multiplayer

Sacrifice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sacrifice

So, once all the patching and release day shenanigans are over, is anyone up for some community/learning focused games of Sword of the Stars? Say Sunday afternoon, provided a stable version is up by then? I'm liking what I see so far between crashes, and wanna get my galactic domination on.

I'm Sacrifice on steam, BTW.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

I'm still trying to figure out what this game even is.

Cogzwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Cogzwell

I THINK it's sorta like Sins of a solar empire, is that right?

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By shirogane

I doubt the game is going to be even playable by then, gonna give it a week or so at least...

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

On a loosely on-topic note, I'd love to see a Dave-run Quick Look of this game to see what it's all about.

The game looks neat, but I can barely handle balancing everything in Civilization V, so I've always assumed I would crash and burn if I tried out a 4X game.

Sacrifice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sacrifice

@Cogzwell: Sort of. They're similar, but this is closer to a Civ game, in space, where you fight all the battles in real-time.

From what I can tell from reading from the Paradox forums, it's gonna be broken for a while. It's "playable" now, but it's missing content and bug-ridden.

If anyone plays the original though, it's pretty stable, if ugly. It can be hard to find multiplayer games though, they tend to be closed or way out of sync with my timezone. So what I'm saying is, Sots2 looks like a wash for at least a couple of weeks, but Sots1 is fun and it'd be cool to have some kind of scheduled multiplayer sessions going.

Cogzwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Cogzwell

Why are so many games getting released in pre-release builds lately? Anyway I could go for Sins + Civ, especially with the random tech tree things.

Sacrifice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sacrifice

I think the SotS 1 ultimate editon is still five bucks on steam for the next day or two. It's got a steep learning curve and the voice acting is ear-grating, but I like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b
    deactivated-5d8bd173e1e3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BisonHero said:

On a loosely on-topic note, I'd love to see a Dave-run Quick Look of this game to see what it's all about.

The game looks neat, but I can barely handle balancing everything in Civilization V, so I've always assumed I would crash and burn if I tried out a 4X game.

Yes do want!

grubber788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By grubber788

I would love to see a QL of this in a couple of weeks too. For me though, 4X games are all about the single player, so I'll be happy once that particular component is fixed (not an easy task, mind you).

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

This looks a lot like GalCiv, which has me intrigued, but I really don't think I have the time to get wrapped up in a 4X strategy game right now. Regardless of how much I like games of this sort, it's so hard to dedicate the time required to play them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.