Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

System Shock 2

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Aug 11, 1999

Developed by Looking Glass Studios and released in 1999, this cyberpunk first-person shooter with RPG elements established new standards for storytelling and gameplay.

Worse than Xen? (possible spoilers)

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

I hate hate hate hate *hate* the last two levels of this game, which is only made worse when you put into perspective how awesome nearly everything that precedes them is.

Navigating the Body of the Many is bad enough (hope you've been holding onto those radiation hypos that have been pretty useless until now), but it's far too easy to screw yourself over at the end of that level pumping your ammo into respawning enemies only to have nothing left for the last fight with Shodan. Speaking of which, trying to hack terminals through the clunky interface while you're being chased around by something weird while the floor under you burns? Not cool, bro.

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#2  Edited By MuttersomeTaxicab

Man. I never made it that far. Once I started running into those cyberninjas on the regular I was already broken and bled dry of nanites and ammo.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

You definitely do seem to get forced into your chosen class, and I wonder if the game might be skewed towards certain classes. I primarily developed tech skills as well as putting points into standard and exotic weapons (bypassing any psi stuff completely) and spent most of the game using the pistol, shotgun, and crystal shard. Never usually had more than 30 bullets of any ammo but I got by. Could have so easily messed it up at the end though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.