Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 10, 2013

An HD compilation of Tales of Symphonia (GCN/PS2) and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii) for the PS3.

Impressions?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

So I bought this and have put about 5 hours into it. I adored this game on the Gamecube and it has kept me interested in Tales games ever since. I still really like this game even if I have to look past a few things. The tone is great, the characters are well realized, and it's just a pleasant, breezy little game. It reminds me of playing through Skies of Arcadia, Phantasy Star 4, or the Lunar games. It isn't up its own ass and it's ok not always being overly serious and melodramatic. It's just a nice game to play through. Minus a few rough edges like times it tries to be overly goofy or sentimental.

What I'm a little bummed about is the technical side of the remake. It doesn't look as good as I was expecting it would. I don't think they did a lot to the textures. The character models look good but the environments look like they were simply cleaned and polished. And I don't see any anti-aliasing being used, it only runs in 720p, only plays in stereo, and it is only at 30 fps. It feels like a really rushed, cheap remake. I'm happy I got it because I really like this game and am interested in the sequel. But when I compared the quality of the remake to the remakes for the God of War games, Beyond Good and Evil, or the Team Ico games it falls well short.

What do you guys think?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.