Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Vesperia

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 07, 2008

Tales of Vesperia is a Japanese Role-Playing Game and the first entry in the long-running "Tales of" franchise on seventh-generation consoles.

This game wants you to break it

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Shadow

So over the last couple days, I've been on a quest to get as many achievements as possible in this game (other than the one for all titles....because damn....) and now, as I've just spent an hour in one low level battle spamming the same weak attack to get max GRADE points in minimum time, something that pretty much breaks the game, I realized there is no way I can get all the achievements without doing this (well you COULD but it would easily take several times longer).  There are several ways to break the game, but you really wouldn't resort to any of them if you didn't already know how, but these achievements are sadistic to say the least.  I wouldn't even be doing that if it weren't for that damn fell arm thing making the last boss WAY harder than he would be otherwise.  Now I'm wondering....is this good or bad?  On the one hand, I'm cheating basically.  On the other hand, I'm getting hours and hours of "entertainment" that I wouldn't get otherwise.  I'm torn on this.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Shadow
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Thrawn1

the same thing sort of happened with gears2's seriously 2.0 acheivement. people are grinding specific parts of the campaign to get as many kills as possible

William

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By William
    Shadow said:
    "So over the last couple days, I've been on a quest to get as many achievements as possible in this game (other than the one for all titles....because damn....) and now, as I've just spent an hour in one low level battle spamming the same weak attack to get max GRADE points in minimum time, something that pretty much breaks the game, I realized there is no way I can get all the achievements without doing this (well you COULD but it would easily take several times longer).  There are several ways to break the game, but you really wouldn't resort to any of them if you didn't already know how, but these achievements are sadistic to say the least.  I wouldn't even be doing that if it weren't for that damn fell arm thing making the last boss WAY harder than he would be otherwise.  Now I'm wondering....is this good or bad?  On the one hand, I'm cheating basically.  On the other hand, I'm getting hours and hours of "entertainment" that I wouldn't get otherwise.  I'm torn on this."
    do want you want cause a pirate is free!
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BBQBram

Arbitrary achievements like that don't hold any meaning to me, when you know that everyone who's got them just used some exploit anyway. I only go for achievements I think are fun, and in most games I don't care at all.

Capitalism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Capitalism

I never go for achievements unless its something that i know i can do already. Anything else just seems stupid and a total waste of time.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By Icemael

Why was this thread bumped?

...oh, and stop complaining. It serves you right for being an achievement whore.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.