Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

A revamped edition of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes with new characters, modes, and features. Designed with an international release in mind, all but one character from the original roster remains, as well as several fan-favorite new challengers.

Is there a way to deselect a character?

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By rallier

Not sure if you can but i just wanted to be sure. Nothing is as annoying as selecting the wrong character and then having to wait for the level to load before being able to quite back to the main menu. Even more annoying when it happens with a online match.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dbz1995

Actually, I want to know this as well-just for Marvel vs Capcom 2.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By ThomasP

I don't believe there is a way. It's like that with a lot of fighting games for some stupid reason.

Does anyone know how to choose which costume you're going to wear?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel
    @ThomasP said:
    " I don't believe there is a way. It's like that with a lot of fighting games for some stupid reason.  Does anyone know how to choose which costume you're going to wear? "
    You select your characters' colors based on the button you use to select them.  Once all four of a character's colors are available, Y is used to select the default colors and the other three select the alternates.
    ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ThomasP
    @Hailinel said:
    " @ThomasP said:
    " I don't believe there is a way. It's like that with a lot of fighting games for some stupid reason.  Does anyone know how to choose which costume you're going to wear? "
    You select your characters' colors based on the button you use to select them.  Once all four of a character's colors are available, Y is used to select the default colors and the other three select the alternates. "
    I should have figured it was like Tekken. I had a hard time telling because I use the Wii remote and nun-chuck.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hailinel
    @ThomasP said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @ThomasP said:
    You select your characters' colors based on the button you use to select them.  Once all four of a character's colors are available, Y is used to select the default colors and the other three select the alternates. "
    I should have figured it was like Tekken. I had a hard time telling because I use the Wii remote and nun-chuck. "

No Caption Provided
    ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ThomasP

@Hailinel: Oh shit! That's a challenge if I've ever seen one.

If you don't like curse words ignore the following, otherwise, bring the mf ruckus.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rallier
    @ThomasP: Do you have full control with the nunchuck-wiiremote controls or does it auto combo like when you play with wiimote only? Never was to sure about that.
    ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ThomasP

@Rallier: Full control, but I've been having trouble pulling off air combo's. I really just need to practice them, though. I've been working on getting the basics down for a few characters.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rallier
    @ThomasP: My that is far from a ideal button setup then (A B C Z i assume). For the air combos just do the launcher attack and press up instantly then pound light attack and follow it up with whatever. It is near impossible to do when playing on-line and there is lag unfortunately. 
    ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ThomasP
    @Rallier said:

" @ThomasP: My that is far from a ideal button setup then (A B C Z i assume). For the air combos just do the launcher attack and press up instantly then pound light attack and follow it up with whatever. It is near impossible to do when playing on-line and there is lag unfortunately.  "

It doesn't sound like a good set-up, but it works. I used that control scheme with Brawl and was really good at that. It is a bit harder, but anyone can easily adapt. It has some advantages, as well. It's more comfortable to have your arms resting at your sides and I can play laying down. = ) @ThomasP said:

"  @Hailinel: Oh shit! That's a challenge if I've ever seen one.

If you don't like curse words ignore the following, otherwise, bring the mf ruckus.

"
    It went down folks... the Wii remote and nun-chuck combo prevailed over whatever control set-up Hailinel was using. 2-0 ruckus riot.
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By kmdrkul
    @dbz1995 said:
    " Actually, I want to know this as well-just for Marvel vs Capcom 2. "
    Heh, I don't think you can in the 360 Arcade version.  It's pretty ridiculous. 
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hailinel
    @ThomasP: Yeah, you got me.

But what was that first match where you just stood there and took the beating?  That's about the only Perfect I'll ever get in this game.
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rallier
    @ThomasP: I've had that song in my head since yesterday thanks to you ^^
    ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ThomasP
    @Hailinel said:
    " @ThomasP: Yeah, you got me.  But what was that first match where you just stood there and took the beating?  That's about the only Perfect I'll ever get in this game. "
    I'm not sure. What did you get a perfect in? How do you get a perfect if you lose both matches? Like a combo perfect?
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hailinel
    @ThomasP said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @ThomasP: Yeah, you got me.  But what was that first match where you just stood there and took the beating?  That's about the only Perfect I'll ever get in this game. "
    I'm not sure. What did you get a perfect in? How do you get a perfect if you lose both matches? Like a combo perfect? "
    No, there was something weird going on, where I joined a match you invited me on, you selected Ken and Jun, and then your characters just stood idle for the duration of the match.  Then the connection broke and I matched with you a second time for the two times you beat me.
    ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ThomasP

Weird. I didn't experience that at all. I just remember playing two matches that went lag free.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hailinel
    @ThomasP said:
    " Weird. I didn't experience that at all. I just remember playing two matches that went lag free. "
    Weird.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.