Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tea-Bagging

Concept »

Also known as corpse-humping, tea-bagging is a slang term in video games when after a player has slain another player or NPC, they move their character over the dead character's body and crouch up and down repeatedly, adding a humiliating, and often humorous, factor to the character's death.

i would like a bag of your finest nuts!

Dejkrigeren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Dejkrigeren

I'm curious about this concept since it is player behaviour how can games be added to this concept.
    Even more odd is that games not yet released is added....

I really only think that games directly featuring a tea-bag move or a scripted npc slapping his balls down on the face of a dead body should be allowed  in this concept...

Avatar image for suicidalsnowman
    SuicidalSnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By SuicidalSnowman

That is a fair point. Perhaps the other examples should be moved to 'griefing' or somewhere specifically for online or in game behavior?

Also, are player actions even a game 'concept' at all? I think we need a good definition of concept to start with.
    DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DarkLegend

What a unique forum, haha, tea b-ing is the greatest invention ever.

logson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By logson
    SuicidalSnowman said:
    "Also, are player actions even a game 'concept' at all? I think we need a good definition of concept to start with."
    The American Heritage Dictionary defines concept as "a general idea derived or inferred from specific instances or occurrences." I think tea-bagging fits.
    Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Bennyishere

I think it's an appropriate concept for games like Halo 3 where the player can crouch up and down on a fallen enemy. It may be user-created, but it can be an important thing to note sometimes, or just interesting to read about for psychologists.

And yes, you WOULD like a bag of my fine nuts, but you can't have any!

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Rowr
    Dejkrigeren said:
    "I'm curious about this concept since it is player behaviour how can games be added to this concept.
    Even more odd is that games not yet released is added....

I really only think that games directly featuring a tea-bag move or a scripted npc slapping his balls down on the face of a dead body should be allowed  in this concept...
    "
    I disagree. The concept was originally formed unintentional to the game developers, when they made the game they didnt expect people to do it.
    You cant just rip the heart out of the concept.

What games directly feature a tea bag move or scripted npc anyway? I can only think of one example that directly falls under this, and its the RedvsBlue introduction to Halo 3 where they show off the new and improved teabagging.

You dont find this shit advertised on the back of the box.

Any game where it looks like your teabagging another character, the concept is fair.
    Avatar image for suicidalsnowman
    SuicidalSnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By SuicidalSnowman

Ok, so the general consensus seems to be that this is a concept, but I still think it might be more appropriate under some other heading. Is tea-bagging large and important enough for its own section?

Riicochet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Riicochet

Gotta love the t-bag.....nothing more enjoyable than somone not able to take a joke and going off the handle over a move in vidya game.
    Classic.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422

This is actually happening in Saint's Row 2,its one of the taunts available.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.