I noticed some people were having trouble playing MvM.

#1 Posted by 1nfinitum (200 posts) -

Here's a community server,

connect 198.144.178.245; password duder

don't kill it. (paste line above into console)

#2 Posted by ThunderSlash (1639 posts) -

Thanks duder. I waited in queue for about 30 minutes today before giving up.

#3 Posted by DeF (4848 posts) -

Thanks, I'll finally try this out now.

Random note, Will silently mentioned during the bombcast that the tested TF2 server is back up apparently!

#4 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@ThunderSlash: @1nfinitum: Valve servers/matchmaking aren't up, there's an alert saying as much, it'll be up soonish I believe. Basically it looks like they got way more interest than anticipated and have to put more servers online.

#5 Posted by Village_Guy (2534 posts) -

Oh, I was a bit confused when I entered the thread, there isn't really anything super clear about what MvM is, but I guess I figured it out after all.

#6 Posted by Capum15 (4852 posts) -
#7 Edited by gjedwards (102 posts) -

it's weird, in the UK it looks like there are only 1200 servers for mvm, which for a 5 player game mode really isnt enough

#8 Posted by Village_Guy (2534 posts) -

@Capum15: Right, I was more thinking along the lines of either spelling out Mann vs Machine, or even better, putting it in the Team Fortress 2 forum...

#9 Posted by DeF (4848 posts) -

@Village_Guy said:

Oh, I was a bit confused when I entered the thread, there isn't really anything super clear about what MvM is, but I guess I figured it out after all.

yea, maybe could've attached this to the TF2 forum instead of the PC forum :)

#10 Posted by Capum15 (4852 posts) -
@Village_Guy: Oh, well that makes more sense.
#11 Posted by DeF (4848 posts) -

I just played with Gavin8? Was that any of you? We were the only two on the server... you definitely need more people for that mode to be fun.

#12 Posted by 1nfinitum (200 posts) -

@DeF: I did check it out, the TF2 forum is at a crawl, not many would have seen it in time.

#13 Posted by gjedwards (102 posts) -

@1nfinitum: hey one of my friends bought an 8 player server today for mvm, but we seem to have a problem where only 3 bots spawn at once which is a problem (you can imagine the fun we had against a round with 150 scouts) did you buy a bigger server so more bots will spawn at once?

#14 Posted by Morello (79 posts) -

@gjedwards said:

@1nfinitum: hey one of my friends bought an 8 player server today for mvm, but we seem to have a problem where only 3 bots spawn at once which is a problem (you can imagine the fun we had against a round with 150 scouts) did you buy a bigger server so more bots will spawn at once?

You need a 32 player server.

#15 Posted by Pahn121 (25 posts) -

Awesome, possum.

#16 Posted by FrenchClub (21 posts) -

Just wanna say thanks for the server, my friends and I made good use of it tonight

#17 Posted by Pahn121 (25 posts) -

I made good use of your friends AND the server tonight :D

#18 Posted by 1nfinitum (200 posts) -

@Morello: MvM counts the bots as players, less slots means less bots.

#19 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Really fucking frustrated with this shit. I only got a couple hours of free time each night to do stuff and this will be the second time in a row I wasted it waiting for these dam ques. They keep counting down and then a few min before it's "ready" it just goes to ??? and never loads.

#20 Edited by believer258 (11775 posts) -

It said that you were running an older version of TF2 and wouldn't let me in.

#21 Edited by medacris (647 posts) -

Ignore the matchmaking option and just search on the normal server searcher for "mvm_mannworks", "mvm_coaltown", and "mvm_decoy" with less than six players and a relatively low ping. Works so much better.

TF2 MvM: Grab weppon!

Mannworks is an alright map, sort of industrial, Coaltown is really interesting if you're into the storyline (you can actually read the museum displays, it's mostly stuff about one of Saxton Hale's ancestors), and Decoy is hilarious because it's apparently a fake Mann Co. weapons facility that's been poorly built by The Soldier, and there's misspelled signs everywhere. Make sure you don't get squished by the tank, protect the bomb, and cooperate with your teammates, and you'll be fine. (Also, pick Soldier, Engineer, Heavy, or Medic and listen to their new voice clips, they're hilarious.) Have fun!

#22 Posted by 1nfinitum (200 posts) -

@believer258: Yeah, I was out of town while they ran a patch, fixing that now.

#23 Posted by Pahn121 (25 posts) -

C'mon and get in here guys. I'm borrrred.

#24 Posted by cannonballBAM (601 posts) -

@1nfinitum: I appreciate it man, thanks!

#25 Posted by AwesomeRoryAgain (7 posts) -

@believer258: Servers updated! Get in here!

#26 Posted by believer258 (11775 posts) -

@AwesomeRoryAgain said:

@believer258: Servers updated! Get in here!

Well, now my TF2 has to update.

#27 Edited by 1nfinitum (200 posts) -

Sorry changed the password for our bombing run, changing it back now.

Edit: Nevermind, changed back on its own. All is good for now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.