Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Team Ninja

Company »

Team Ninja is a video game development studio formerly led by Tomonobu Itagaki which was founded in 1995. They are a subsidiary of Tecmo, Ltd..

Team Ninja wants to make Wii games

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

The new head of Team Ninja, Hitoshi Hasegawa, suggests strong signs of possible projects for Wii.

Earlier this year Tomonobu Itagaki, the previous face and founder of the company had issues with publisher Tecmo after difficulties arose due to a bonus package deal that was agreed prior to the launch of Ninja Gaiden 2. He of course left due to this dispute. However, after the initial repercussions it looks like Team Ninja is back on track and are working on three new projects.

With a new man in place, it looks like there could be a new, expanded direction for the company also.

"Internally at the company, we have a lot of knowledge, and I think we've mastered most of the components to make a very compelling and entertaining product using the Wii console.

We will continue to work in that path. We have a lot of Wii console fans within the company, so hopefully there's something that we can work on."
      - Hitoshi Hasegawa

The Ninja Gaiden franchise returned to a Nintendo platform after a long absence this year with Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword. I wonder, could this now mean Wii owners can expect to see Ninja Gaiden to return to it's spiritual home on a Nintendo platform, with Wii controls?, or how about Dead or Alive on Wii?

Thanks to Kotaku.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Endogene

Team Ninja + Motion plus = awesome ? I hope it will happen.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

Endogene
    said:
    "Team Ninja + Motion plus = awesome ? I hope it will happen."

I can definitely see them using it in a action game.

Even before this, Itagaki mentioned how he would like to devise a Wii game and that he had some ideas on how Wii's control could be used in a action game. With the introduction of Motion + I think the remaining members of the team will work on those ideas now.

A Ninja Gaiden on Wii would be great if it could take advantage of the responsive controls that Motion + could bring about. If it does come to Wii, and I am confident it will at some point, I would not want it to be in the same mould of the xbox games I love. I instead would want something fresh and new that really captures the true essence of Ninja with less of fantasy we have become used to. I would want something in the original Tenchu mould, but something with far better gameplay concepts that have been devised with the consultation of  Dr Maasaki Hatsumi, or the likes.

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By SpinCookie
    Endogene said:
    "Team Ninja + Motion plus = awesome ? I hope it will happen."
    That would truly be amazing, I hope they do this.
    spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By spankingaddict

Yeah, um its called Metroid Other M.

US Box Art
    US Box Art
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @spankingaddict said:
    " Yeah, um its called Metroid Other M.

US Box Art
    US Box Art
    "
    Ya...we know..necrothread! 
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By HandsomeDead

I'm glad someone's still around to bump Linkyshinks' old threads.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By ryanwho

Never forget.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.