Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Dec 18, 2008

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion is an updated version of Tekken 6 for arcades, which has also been ported to PS3, Xbox 360 and PSP. The home console releases have been released simply as "Tekken 6".

D-Pad or Analog Stick?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I've never played a Tekken game before and I'm really interested in getting it, but I'm just wondering if Tekken is a type of game that works better with the stick or with the D-Pad. I know that with SF4 and BlazBlue, I use the analog stick and it feels really great, especially on BlazBlue.  

For instance, does this game use the 236, 214, 41236, etc style movements (basically rotations) or does it use the back back, forward forward style?

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Baillie

It's more D-pad orientated as I can remember. Back and Forward motions! 

Don't quote me though, haven't played since Tekken 4. I'm a Tag whore.

DarkPredatorUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By DarkPredatorUK

I have a tendency to use analogue sticks with TEKKEN 6 mainly due to the 360's awful D-pad.  

In previous games however i have always stuck with the D-pad as the analogues can take too long to input fast combo back/forward/up/down commands.

CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CSXLoser
    @xyzygy said:
    " I've never played a Tekken game before and I'm really interested in getting it, but I'm just wondering if Tekken is a type of game that works better with the stick or with the D-Pad. I know that with SF4 and BlazBlue, I use the analog stick and it feels really great, especially on BlazBlue.   For instance, does this game use the 236, 214, 41236, etc style movements (basically rotations) or does it use the back back, forward forward style? "
    3d fighting games have less emphasis on circle notations. but then again, it can be based on the character you are learning as well.

Tekken is one of the few fighting games where there are a ton of people playing on both sticks and pads (yes even serious players)
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

Cool... I used to use d-pad all the time because i thought it made more sense, but now after going to the analog stick I can't even think of using the d-pad again!

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By MysteriousBob

I personally play with a SFIV fightpad. You should get that or a stick if you're even remotely serious about fighting games.

AnnouncerGXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By AnnouncerGXZ

you cannot play 2d fighting games / tekken with analog. but casual gamers dont know the difference. so yeah.

arcade joystick in the other hand.... its only good if you used to play at the arcade.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.