Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 6

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 26, 2007

The sixth main installment of the Tekken series brings improved graphics and animation, new characters, and new gameplay mechanics (including destructible stages).

Tekken Disappointment

ant610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

Edited By ant610

Being an avid Tekken player since the days of Tekken 2, I can't help but feel saddened by my recent discoveries while playing Tekken 6 online. Ever since the release of Tekken 2 in the late 90s, I've prided myself on learning and memorizing move-sets of many of the game's characters. It's hard to describe the awesome feeling you get when pulling off an almost hidden move that lays deep inside a characters command list that rarely sees the light of day. All those hours practicing certain moves hoping to one day show off high level of skill in front of your friends.

Unfortunately, playing Tekken 6 online has recently opened my eyes to whats really the true identity of this game. I have always thought the main goal of this game was mastering a characters command list, I now realize its best to pick a few moves from one's list and find a way to use them while never letting your opponent stand back up. I can't tell you how many times I've lost a match because I wasn't able to get back on my feet. Not to mention the inclusion of walls to the game in I think Tekken 4 that makes it even more impossible to get your character to stand back up. For me, the game eventually boils down to pinning your opponent against a wall for as long as possible while pummeling the ever living crap out of him or her. Although, I cant't say that I'am completely surprised considering this seems to be the main aspect in many fighting games where you can actually juggle your opponent in the air. It just sort of saddens me to realize that instead of trying to learn every available move by a character, all I had to do all those years was find a way to string a couple moves together that would ultimately leave my opponent incapable of getting back to their feet.

ant610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ant610

Being an advent Tekken player since the days of Tekken 2, I can't help but feel saddened by my recent discoveries while playing Tekken 6 online. Ever since the release of Tekken 2 in the late 90s, I've prided myself on learning and memorizing move-sets of many of the game's characters. It's hard to describe the awesome feeling you get when pulling off an almost hidden move that lays deep inside a characters command list that rarely sees the light of day. All those hours practicing certain moves hoping to one day show off high level of skill in front of your friends.

Unfortunately, playing Tekken 6 online has recently opened my eyes to whats really the true identity of this game. I have always thought the main goal of this game was mastering a characters command list, I now realize its best to pick a few moves from one's list and find a way to use them while never letting your opponent stand back up. I can't tell you how many times I've lost a match because I wasn't able to get back on my feet. Not to mention the inclusion of walls to the game in I think Tekken 4 that makes it even more impossible to get your character to stand back up. For me, the game eventually boils down to pinning your opponent against a wall for as long as possible while pummeling the ever living crap out of him or her. Although, I cant't say that I'am completely surprised considering this seems to be the main aspect in many fighting games where you can actually juggle your opponent in the air. It just sort of saddens me to realize that instead of trying to learn every available move by a character, all I had to do all those years was find a way to string a couple moves together that would ultimately leave my opponent incapable of getting back to their feet.

Bernoulli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Bernoulli

I'm not Tekken pro, in fact I suck but I think there are counters to that. If you hit an attack button as soon as you hit the ground you pop right up also you can kick their feet when laying on their back or do a spring up. Regardless I play like you, if you want to play on xbox hit me up bernoulli85

ant610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ant610
    @Bernoulli:
    I do not own the 360 version unfortunately. I own the PS3 version and my tag is ANt610. Appreciate the feedback.
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By FLStyle
    @ANt610: Agreed, Street Fighter at least gives players as many tools to get out of a corner than getting someone in the corner. With Tekken those who are attacking the corner have a massive advantage over those who are defending. In my experience at least.
    ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

That's the way 3D fighting games work. Some of the moves aren't useful. Virtua Fighter 5 seems like a game you would enjoy. From my experance it's a much less juggle based game. I would be willing to play Tekken 6 with you. My PSN name is MaxwellMouse.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.