Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tekken 7: Fated Retribution

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jun 05, 2016

The definitive version of Tekken 7 (and the one ported to home consoles), featuring a dedicated story mode that concludes the rivalry between Kazuya and Heihachi.

Offline modes?

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sahalarious

So now that the game has been out for awhile (and is currently 50% off on steam), I was hoping to hear some thoughts on the offline value of this game. I am trash at fighting games, and it wasn't until Injustice 2 that I felt a fighting game truly catered to my sensibilities as a non-competitive gamer. Im sure this game is bettter than SFV, but is there a good amount to DO if I'm not hanging out in matchmaking?

drjota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

The story mode isn't anything too grand, but it at least has a solid narrative and some difficult bosses. Beyond that, there's treasure battles if you're into the Fashion Tekken game. Truth be told, unless you've got someone to play local, multiplayer is where much of the substance is.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Very mild spoilers, but the story mode is largely a rehash of events from the first six games. It's not terrible, but it's super short and there's not a lot of reason to go back through afterwards with each character, as you don't get traditional fun CG cutscenes but just a little... I don't even know what you'd call it. A digital notecard, I guess. It's dumb. If they'd included a more traditional arcade mode, I'd have been much happier, but the gameplay itself is a lot of fun, and the treasure mode is pretty awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.