Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The 7th Guest

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Apr 28, 1993

Widely considered to be the CD-ROM's first "killer app", The 7th Guest was a technical marvel that changed the face of adventure gaming and set the stage for Myst.

Who had to upgrade?

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By super_machine

I remember when this game came out my brother had to buy a 2x CD-rom drive. cost him about $500. I was worth it because almost every game after came on CD.

Joshua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Joshua

I was actually lucky enough to have a father who worked with computers quite a bit... mostly light graphical design and presentations for his company... because of that, we got all sorts of expensive computer junk as a "work expense."

I was one of the lucky ones lol

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By super_machine
    Joshua said:
    "I was actually lucky enough to have a father who worked with computers quite a bit... mostly light graphical design and presentations for his company... because of that, we got all sorts of expensive computer junk as a "work expense."

I was one of the lucky ones lol
    "
    Lucky you. I still dont know how my brother got the cash to buy that CDrom drive. My dad was into computers too. Thanks to him I got to enjoy the golden era of PC gaming.
    Ravenhoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Ravenhoe

I remember I bought this game because updated my system and not the other way around. I was looking for games to make use of my new rig so I bought the 7th Guest.

johnrogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By johnrogan

Not I.  I had a Packard Bell Navigator 486/25, 4 mb ram, 512k video ram, and a 2x cd drive.  T7G ran great.  11th hour on the other hand....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.