Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Amazing Spider-Man

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Jun 26, 2012

Announced at NYCC 2011, The Amazing Spider-Man game is an original story told after the 2012 movie. The console versions are developed by Beenox, the company that created Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time while the DS version was developed by Other Ocean Studios.

So Beenox kind of stole Spider-Man Web of Shadows Story(Spoilers)

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

I just finished The Amazing Spider-Man, the story was kind of so so throughout, nothing big happened and I really hated how instead of great villains like The Scorpion or the Rhino we get fake versions of them. They don't speak or exchange banter they just fight, which was a huge bummer as everything felt like a cop out. As I was playing through the game it all felt rather familiar, you know a small virus starts and as the game goes on it gets bigger and bigger and bigger. Well then I remembered that Spider-Man: Web of Shadows totally did this already, Web of Shadows was the last good Spider-Man game before they were sold to Beenox.

Web of Shadows Story was Venom slowly started infecting people, it started soon but not to far in the future it increases and increases until most people are then infected. It will also infect other superheroes and villains making you fight them, see how this is familiar?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TruthTellah

Sounds like a convenient story conceit to service the gameplay that they decided to reuse. Makes sense to me.

I mean, it's an epilogue to a movie that is itself a reboot "stealing" the story of a tale mostly already told. Just done in a bit of a different way, like in the game.

Though, as you said, when it's Spider-Man, I want half the battle to just be his banter with the big baddy. Personality is at the heart of Spider-Man.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Movie tie in, ofcourse it sucks and/or has cheaped out on certain parts.

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BleedingStarX

Definitely agree. I don't really like the whole "big robots" thing. To be honest, I went out and bought Spiderman 2 for my PS2 and am having a blast. Not saying I don't love Amazing Spiderman, but the story is very dull

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hizang

@TaliciaDragonsong: Actually the game is quite good, as Ryan said its not a great game but its a fun weekend game. I loved swinging around the city helping people and beating up bad guys. The appearance of the Black Cat was one of the bet parts of the game, mostly because it was actually her not some infected person. It also now bums me out because now she will 100% not be in any of the movies, because then they would have to reference the game and we all know thats not going to happen.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
    @Hizang: Thanks for the spoilers!
    And all I'm saying they cheapened out on the vilians and the witty banter, two things that kinda make Spiderman in my eyes.
    TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TruthTellah

@Hizang: The game's not canon, though, right? I mean, I'm guessing the 2nd movie isn't going to have any references to the events in it; so, I'd think they could do whatever the heck they want. It's the "Amazing" line afterall. They could definitely toss in Black Cat. I'm sure there's a producer out there right now going, "What? Canon? pshhh. The movie needs more eye candy! Throw Black Cat in there somewhere. Make her uh... a stripper or something. Just put her in!"

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hizang
    @TaliciaDragonsong
    @Hizang: Thanks for the spoilers!
    And all I'm saying they cheapened out on the vilians and the witty banter, two things that kinda make Spiderman in my eyes.
    I made it quite clear this thread will feature spoilers on the game, also saying the Black Cat is in it is not a spoiler.
    impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9  Edited By impartialgecko

What I've seen of the game still makes me think Beenox did a decent job with the material and time they had at their disposal. Until Spiderman ends up back in the hands of a license holder who can tell Marvel that they're going to take 3 years to make a bespoke Spidey game ala Arkham Asylum then the best that can happen is probably The Amazing Spiderman

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By butano

Well, the movie had...

The Lizard creating a biological weapon that turns everyone into lizards, so the whole virus thing continuing in the game kinda makes sense.

Though they had the "virus turning people people bigger and bigger" plotline in Ultimate Spider-Man with the symbiote, so it's not necessarily a new concept introduced in Web of Shadows.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By LiquidPrince

@TruthTellah said:

@Hizang: The game's not canon, though, right? I mean, I'm guessing the 2nd movie isn't going to have any references to the events in it; so, I'd think they could do whatever the heck they want. It's the "Amazing" line afterall. They could definitely toss in Black Cat. I'm sure there's a producer out there right now going, "What? Canon? pshhh. The movie needs more eye candy! Throw Black Cat in there somewhere. Make her uh... a stripper or something. Just put her in!"

I think it is canon, but they have it set up so that by the end of the game everything is in the same position as the beginning of the game. Like Conners was like MAKE SURE TO BRING ME BACK TO THE ASYLUM AFTER WE'RE DONE! Pardon the caps.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By SeanFoster

Man, I liked Web of Shadows.

deskp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By deskp

It is not canon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.