Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Amazing Spider-Man

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Jun 26, 2012

Announced at NYCC 2011, The Amazing Spider-Man game is an original story told after the 2012 movie. The console versions are developed by Beenox, the company that created Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time while the DS version was developed by Other Ocean Studios.

What's with all the night scenes?

Atary77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Atary77

So having seen about three different trailers for this I've noticed that any of the action involving Spider-Man in full costume all take place at night. True this may not be a reflection of the finished movie when it's released but I'm wondering if there are going to be any scenes of Spidey fighting or web slinging in broad day light. Normally when I see this in movies today it seems like an easy excuse to use shadow or dark environments to keep the audience from seeing any problems with the visual effects.

My argument though in any of the previous Spider-Man movies there was plenty of action and fighting that took place in day light and it looked perfectly fine. Sure you could easily tell CGI Spidey from the actor in costume but it still looked good in my opinion. I don't know maybe it's too soon to tell and maybe I'm completely wrong about this, but I have a really strong hunch that they're trying to use night scenes an awful lot to cover up any poor visuals.

Any thoughts?

AckbarTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By AckbarTheGreat

Probably because he's in high school and it's his only free time.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By N7
    @AckbarTheGreat said:

Probably because he's in high school and it's his only free time.

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn.

That's good enough for me!
    egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By egg

He uses the cover of darkness to avoid being caught by the police? I dunno, but now that you've mentioned it, it's probably more realistic he only comes out at night.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bell_End

maybe your wrong and the trailers are not showing the 'whole' movie

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Skald

Short of bank robberies, (which are usually limited to bank hours) wouldn't most crimes happen at night? Seems like a good time for Spider-Man to be out and about.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.