Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Beginner's Guide

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 01, 2015

A narrative-focused video game from the creator of The Stanley Parable.

New game by that Stanley Parable guy announced today, out tomorrow.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I finally just proper got back into MGS5 after being distracted by some shorter titles, and this happens.

Davey Wreden, aka The Stanley Parable guy, is releasing a new game tomorrow (1st October), and this one is also described as a 'narrative experience'. Here are some screenshots or something. There is a trailer out there, but it was mistakenly released. I haven't seen it, nor have I found any good mirrors, but I'll try to change this post once I do.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/09/29/the-beginners-guide-to-the-beginners-guide-the-new-game-from-stanley-parable-co-creator/

Props to Jeff for the ninja-like quickness and stealth that he used to create the game's page almost immediately.

Edit: Okay, I did finally watch the trailer, but not in a form that would be easy to link here. It is definitely a game by The Stanley Parable guy, and it is only coming to Mac and PC.

Edit 2: Rumours also going around that it's a short game, coming just above an hour. Remember to keep that in mind if you intend on buying the game.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am really curious about the game and judging by the trailer it seems right up my alley. I don't really mind it if it's short though, just as long as it's good while it lasts.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Well then.

I bought The Stanley Parable without knowing exactly what it was (remember those trailers that did everything except tell you what The Stanley Parable is?), and I'll go do the same with this. The Stanley Parable was one of my favorite games from that year, so I'm interested in seeing what he does next.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

So... can I expect a lot of smarmy commentary on how video games are designed?

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

Cool, I'll probably take the plunge. This seems like the ideal way to put this out. Stanley Parable was obviously better the less you knew about it.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely getting it if it's buy the Stanley Parable guy.

Hopefully my crap computer can run it. It was able to run stanley well enough

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Well... this should be interesting.

spitz1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

huh, i didn't think game development works this way, but here we are.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.