Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Apr 07, 2009

Both a remake and expansion to the critically-acclaimed Xbox and PC title The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Dark Athena features both the original campaign, an all-new campaign and new multiplayer modes.

New Content worth second purchase?

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pazy

I still have Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher bay on my Xbox (bought it twice :)) and my xbox is still hooked up and even through my 1080p hd TV it still looks pretty awesome (though of course note as good as it looked originall or dark athena will look). So is the Dark Athena content and multiplayer worth £40/£50? From what ive seen Dark Athena seems to be more of the same but with a heavier emphasis on shooting, and my one problem with Butcher Bay is that when im forced to shoot I begin to like the game a lot less. And the multiplayer looks one part generic (and I hate the shooting), so why would I play it over say TF2, COD4 etc. and the "unuiqe" part of it looks like its going to die in a few weeks.

So for those of you that have played Dark Athena is it worth the asking price for someone who has played Escape from Butcher Bay so many times? Is the original part of the game changed enough or has any added content to make it worth playing through again?

If its not worth the full asking price ill probably stick to my xbox copy and then "upgrade" when its cheaper.

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By dsplayer1010

For two games? I'd say so

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Pazy
    dsplayer1010 said:
    "For two games? I'd say so"

Thats essentially what im asking, for me (and probably others) its essentuially one game and apparently a lesser game at that. It also gives a convenience if your too lazy to hook up your original xbox (or never had one).
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

Dark Athena really doesn't have to be any more shooty than Butcher Bay (so far, but I haven't finished it yet).

I think the Butcher Bay remake looks really nice too, played through again.

If you only have the Xbox 1 version, and not even the first PC version, there's extra content in the Butcher Bay part of Dark Athena that you probably haven't seen before.

Doomsayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Doomsayer

In my opinion, definitely. Honestly I enjoyed Dark Athena just as much as Escape From Butcher Bay. They don't force you to use guns up until you get the SCAR gun towards the end, and even then I only used it to destroy spider turrets and lights.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.