Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 01, 2004

Escape From Butcher Bay is a first-person action-adventure shooter game set before the events of the first Riddick film, Pitch Black.

Does Dark Athena includes the extras from the Director Cut?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai

I've been having an itch to play this game and since I now have a gaming PC I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to revisit this game. I would like to know if I should get the Director's cut or the Dark Athena remake. Does Dark Athena includes all the extra items like the extra cigg packs, commentary, and that extra level from the Director's Cut?

I tried googling it but most answers were very vague.

Thanks.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SomeDeliCook

The extra level is definitely in there, I don't remember if the commentary or prototype levels are in it though. I believe the commentary is in it, but its been a while since I've played it and I don't have it installed.

Either way, the remake has some tweaks to some of the levels in it and overall its better looking. Also, you get Dark Athena.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mordukai

@SomeDeliCook: How is Dark Athena anyways. I remember people were not too keen on it since it focused more on shooting then stealth.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SomeDeliCook

I haven't beat it myself, Butcher Bay's campaign is definitely the better one. I've beaten Butcher Bay at least 3 times, got halfway through the game a few more than that. Dark Athena feels way more linear but it is still an alright game. There were a few good stealth parts I remember and they involved drones that have lights that would change if they were seeking you out or if someone was controlling them (making them more intelligent and less forgiving if they see you)

I remember thinking the gun mechanics are way more improved in the remake. They weren't as floaty as they were in the original game. So Butcher Bay gets improvements beyond just graphics.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SlashDance

I remember really liking the new characters in Dark Athena. The acting was top notch.

I also remember the second half being boring as fuck.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By thedj93

i dont think it has all that commentary stuff. the campaign isn't bad, i liked it. it has multiple ending syndrome though if you know what i mean. the story and characters are really cool though

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.