Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Game » consists of 31 releases. Released Mar 20, 2006

Travel the continent of Tamriel, defend the land against Oblivion's Daedra hordes, and help fill the empty throne of Cyrodiil in the fourth installment of the Elder Scrolls series.

hhhhhhheeeeeeeellllllpppp

kupokupo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kupokupo
    hey everyone.

i am loosing my tether with oblivion now. i bum the game. i love playing it and have done for ages. iv got really far- level 22 and its awesome. but suddenly its stopped working *cry* =[

the main title screen will load up, and so will my game. i can walk around and attack and everything, its quite normal until i fast travel or enter a new screen. the screen goes black and says:

"Oblivion has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I've been looking around and it seems a lot of people have the same problem. yet no one seems to find a solution for it. i would really appreciate it if any one could help me =]

heres some other information that might help:
    • i have uninstalled and reinstalled
    • i use the shivering isles expansion pack
    • i have changed it to run as administrator
    • i have changed it to run in windows xp mode
    • i have downloaded the patch from http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_patches.htm
    • i have downloaded oldblivion
    • i also play dungeon keeper 2 on my computer. the same thing happens to this game too. it works fine until i try to enter a new screen. the same message appears "a problem causeed the program to stop working correctly.." this would imply that its not merely something wrong with oblivion?

Computer stats:
    • Windows Vista Business
    • Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8200 @ 2.66GHz. 2.67GHz
    • Memory (RAM): 2.00 GB
    • System Type: 64-bit
    • ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

let me know if there is anything else you would like to know =]
    and thankyou to anyone who takes the time to read this and try to help me =]
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By PureRok

Try updating/reinstalling some drivers. Vista (from my own experiences) tends to somehow mess up graphics drivers on occasion causing games to crash, requiring a reinstall/update of your video drivers.

It's one of the things not on your list of things tried, and it couldn't hurt to try.

kupokupo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kupokupo

oh sorry i forgot to mention that one. yeah iv done that too. updated it to the latest 8.10 version. i think it might be due to it being vista and start saving to buy windows xp maybe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.