After Skyrim which location do you hope Bethesda takes TES series

• 90 results
#1 Posted by bioblood22 (420 posts) -

For me Skyrim is my dream come true for TES, I'm a viking junkie and almost always play as a nord so that answers any question to which my favorite location maybe. If they have already taken the series to your favorite region then feel free to tell us which one and why you loved it so much. I look forward to reading your post and I hope Skyrim lives up to my hopes but to be honest, I have faith in the people at Bethesda. 

And yes I know it's early to go on past Skyrim as it's not even out yet, but after Oblivion I hoped Skyrim would be next, just thought some of you might want to speak on what your hopes are. 

Thanks in advance to your post.

#2 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

space.

#3 Posted by Marz (5654 posts) -

Any of the Southern Continents would be fine,   Perhaps a game that traverses through both Elsweyr and Valenwood.     Then Black Marsh after that,   Then toss in Summerset Isle and Hammerfell.  Then toss in the mmo after all those are done and use the whole continent.

#4 Posted by Aishan (1016 posts) -

It's far too early to say. The fall of the Septim Dynasty at the end of the Oblivion Crisis will have ramifications for every province in Tamriel.  It'll be interesting to see how they are going to handle the shrinking power of the Empire in the 4th Age, it could significantly change the dynamic of all the races. 

I'd actually be interested in a return to Morrowind, mainly to see how the Dunmer are dealing with the death of the Tribunal after the Nerevarine took their godhood away. 200+ years down the line, whether they are still holding onto the teachings of the Temple Doctine, or have gone back to their old ways of ancestor-worship. Though if the book is indeed canon, things aren't looking to great for them, nor many of the other races. 

Basically, Bethesda have an opportunity in Skyrim to show us how much the world has changed.

#5 Edited by supermike6 (3565 posts) -

A high school in Japan. Either that or a small town in Washington, they both work.  

@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:

" space. "

This too. 
#6 Posted by Hobbies (976 posts) -

Black Marsh, both because Argonians are my favorite race and because it might be an eventful place to visit after what happened in The Infernal City.

#7 Posted by Timmy (52 posts) -

My PC.

#8 Edited by Rohok (554 posts) -

Hammerfell. Redguard doesn't play on any PC, even with the dosbox. So definitely Hammerfell. Architecture is outstanding.

#9 Posted by JasonR86 (9714 posts) -
" space. "
God damn it!

I need to be faster at opening threads.
#10 Posted by Vexed (313 posts) -

Vana'diel

8D

#11 Posted by BeachThunder (11987 posts) -

Has someone already said space?

oh :(

#12 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

Bender

#13 Posted by Patman99 (1592 posts) -

I think it would be kinda cool if they would span multiple areas and really make it into an epic odyssey type thing. High Rock and Hammerfall would be pretty cool or even Summerset Isle would be pretty cool too. Ah hell, just make the whole damn continent, I'd be happy with that....

#14 Posted by Enigma777 (6074 posts) -

Canada

#15 Edited by John1912 (1891 posts) -

I would just like to see them work on the characters, and atmosphere of their games.  They have a great open world games, but almost everything feels rather bland and generic.  For example, pick a town in Oblivion, and then pick a word to describe that town, or a person who really stands out in that town.  I dont know about you, but i find it hard to do.  I remember a town more for its guild quests, selling locations, etc... Also DEAR LORD PLZ get some real voice acting....Thye really need to focus on the small details imo.

#16 Posted by xyzygy (10008 posts) -

This is really thinking ahead because the next game might not be until 2016 or some crazy year. But I think the southern regions where the Argonians are from would be interesting.

#17 Posted by bartok (2487 posts) -

Gary, Indiana
#18 Posted by Metal_Mills (3001 posts) -

Summerset Isles. Tropical Islands would be great.

#19 Posted by EODTech (83 posts) -

Wow, we're really putting the cart before the horse here.  It will probably be another five years before ES6 is even announced.  Having said that I think anywhere would be fine.  A region they haven't done yet would be great.  I don't think we've seen Blackmarsh or Elseweyr yet.  But honestly, the next game will be able to take advantage of new hardware since we're about at the end of the 3rd gen console era.  When Bethesda starts making ES6 they will have 4th gen to work with.

#20 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3103 posts) -

What were those eastern provinces called?  The ones with all the snake people.  They have half-snake bandits that will straight swallow dudes whole over there, and a tiger who turned himself into a dragon.  It'd be awesome.

#21 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
" space. "
Goddammit. I should have known someone would already have mentioned this.
#22 Posted by President_Barackbar (3462 posts) -
@Make_Me_Mad said:
" What were those eastern provinces called?  The ones with all the snake people.  They have half-snake bandits that will straight swallow dudes whole over there, and a tiger who turned himself into a dragon.  It'd be awesome. "
The lands of Akavir, and I would be fully on board with the snake people and gorilla men of that continent.
#23 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -
@President_Barackbar
@Make_Me_Mad said:
" What were those eastern provinces called?  The ones with all the snake people.  They have half-snake bandits that will straight swallow dudes whole over there, and a tiger who turned himself into a dragon.  It'd be awesome. "
The lands of Akavir, and I would be fully on board with the snake people and gorilla men of that continent.
I will cry if we don't get an Akavir expansion for Skyrim. It's a perfect fit for the Dragonborn as well!
#24 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

Mainland morrowind or the summerset isles would be cool. Pretty much anywhere but black marsh is okay by me.
Also after they finish Skyrim, it'd be funny if they did another expansion that takes place on Solstheim.

#25 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

Elswyr or Akavir.

#26 Posted by Mike76x (558 posts) -
" space. "
With lasers and rocket propelled space horse armor!!!
#27 Posted by zFUBARz (627 posts) -
@John1912 said:
" I would just like to see them work on the characters, and atmosphere of their games.  They have a great open world games, but almost everything feels rather bland and generic.  For example, pick a town in Oblivion, and then pick a word to describe that town, or a person who really stands out in that town.  I dont know about you, but i find it hard to do.  I remember a town more for its guild quests, selling locations, etc... Also DEAR LORD PLZ get some real voice acting....Thye really need to focus on the small details imo. "
I'm just gonna say maybe you should look into morrowind, don't blame bethesda for pandering a bit and making a game that would make them rich like oblivion, if more people played there older and more fleshed out games that sorta crap wouldn't happen.

also yeah sumerset isle, or maybe they start kicking some ass for a change, damn continent is always under threat of attack or invasion, I say take it to those damn barbarians, i wanna lead a fleet against the snake men!
#28 Posted by Agent47 (1898 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac: ...Hell?
#29 Posted by EuanDewar (4965 posts) -

Azeroth.

#30 Posted by EODTech (83 posts) -
@zFUBARz said:
" @John1912 said:
" I would just like to see them work on the characters, and atmosphere of their games.  They have a great open world games, but almost everything feels rather bland and generic.  For example, pick a town in Oblivion, and then pick a word to describe that town, or a person who really stands out in that town.  I dont know about you, but i find it hard to do.  I remember a town more for its guild quests, selling locations, etc... Also DEAR LORD PLZ get some real voice acting....Thye really need to focus on the small details imo. "
I'm just gonna say maybe you should look into morrowind, don't blame bethesda for pandering a bit and making a game that would make them rich like oblivion, if more people played there older and more fleshed out games that sorta crap wouldn't happen.also yeah sumerset isle, or maybe they start kicking some ass for a change, damn continent is always under threat of attack or invasion, I say take it to those damn barbarians, i wanna lead a fleet against the snake men! "
Also, John 1912, EVERY town in Oblivion had its own mood.  Anvil was a swarthy port town with a charming architecture; Leyawin felt a little like a suburb of Seattle, with the constant rain and the feelgood vibe; Bruma felt like a cozy little mountain village with a ski lodge atmosphere.  I could go on all day.  What game were YOU playing??

Do agree about the voice acting though.  I appreciate it, but if it's going to be phoned in, I'd rather just go back to text-based dialogue like Morrowind.
#31 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

Like seriously it has to be Akavir!

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Akavir

DOESN'T THAT SOUND REALLY COOL!?!??!??

#32 Posted by John1912 (1891 posts) -
@zFUBARz said:
" @John1912 said:
I'm just gonna say maybe you should look into morrowind, don't blame bethesda for pandering a bit and making a game that would make them rich like oblivion, if more people played there older and more fleshed out games that sorta crap wouldn't happen.also yeah sumerset isle, or maybe they start kicking some ass for a change, damn continent is always under threat of attack or invasion, I say take it to those damn barbarians, i wanna lead a fleet against the snake men! "
Ive played all the old games gong back to Arena.  Ive felt the same way about all their games and Bethesda in general.  All the ppl in the game, and the atmosphere of its towns all feel the same to me.  

@EODTech said: 
Also, John 1912, EVERY town in Oblivion had its own mood.  Anvil was a swarthy port town with a charming architecture; Leyawin felt a little like a suburb of Seattle, with the constant rain and the feelgood vibe; Bruma felt like a cozy little mountain village with a ski lodge atmosphere.  I could go on all day.  What game were YOU playing??Do agree about the voice acting though.  I appreciate it, but if it's going to be phoned in, I'd rather just go back to text-based dialogue like Morrowind. "
Yea, barring the architecture of the towns, they all feel extremely generic.  Nothing made me want to explore the towns, or talk to the ppl.  Every town was a blur of guild quests.  None of the chars ever stuck with me for his personality or actions (barring Sheogorth, hes the ONE char I can even think of with personality).  Everyone feels very contrived, and mechanical in their AI clock schedule of be here, do this, which really amounts to stand at shop, and sleep at home.  Everyone is just ho hum, heres the info, do what you want.

There was a great story in a GI mag, about the radiant AI.  While bug testing Oblivion a prisoner kept dieing in his cell, and they could not figure out why.  Turns out the guards did not have enough food, so they went to his cell, stole it, and he starved to death.  Thats a great fucking story, and has personality.  I dont see ANY of that in Bethesda's games.  I do love the games for the huge open worlds, but they dont have character.
#33 Posted by HayFourZee (362 posts) -

Summerset isle

#34 Posted by matti00 (668 posts) -

I'd say a combination of a few countries, maybe High Rock, Hammerfell and the Summerset Isles. It'd be nice to travel through multiple countries with different atmospheres.

#35 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5145 posts) -

Post apocalyptic world.

#36 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

Newcastle, UK. I heard it can get rough after dark.

#37 Posted by Brendan (7817 posts) -

I don't know, because after reading this thread I realized that I am way out of my depth in terms of Elder Scrolls knowledge, and have no idea what half of you people are talking about.

#38 Posted by PenguinDust (12532 posts) -

Caveman days.  More dinosaurs, more cave girls, more giant bone clubs.

#39 Posted by Deathmachine117 (377 posts) -

A whole game set in oblivion that would be perfection or space.

#40 Posted by bslayer (222 posts) -

black marsh would be awesome. elsweyr or valenwood as well. probably most of all would be maybe akavir or some other province besides tamriel.

#41 Posted by Monte (229 posts) -

Akavir would be ridiculous and awesome.

Summerset Isle would also be pretty cool
#42 Posted by John1912 (1891 posts) -
@EODTech:  "  Bruma felt like a cozy little mountain village with a ski lodge atmosphere" 

That reminds me.  The Nords have no personality!  They should be brash, loud, and drink ALOT.  I shouldnt walk into a Nord town, and think, huh, nice place to bring the wife and kids. There should be a lot of noise and maybe some shit going down when I walk into a bar.  Everyone you talk to in Bethesda games is usually the driest conversation ever! 
#43 Posted by EODTech (83 posts) -
@John1912 said:

There was a great story in a GI mag, about the radiant AI.  While bug testing Oblivion a prisoner kept dieing in his cell, and they could not figure out why.  Turns out the guards did not have enough food, so they went to his cell, stole it, and he starved to death.  Thats a great fucking story, and has personality.  I dont see ANY of that in Bethesda's games.  I do love the games for the huge open worlds, but they dont have character.
"
I don't know what a "GI" mag is but I remember those stories as well.  I agree, the lack of observable instances of this type of thing bugged me after all the hype.  The closest thing I ever got to it was planting a poison apple in someone's inventory and having them eventually eat it.  I'm not sure if that aspect of radiant AI was ever implemented in the full game; if so I think we would have seen examples of it in youtube and other places.
#44 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -
Akavir would be alright, but it probably wouldn't end well, which is why I'd be skeptical. No one has successfully invaded Akavir, and likely it'd be an invasion.

Although, who knows. The Nerevarine went there after Morrowind, so perhaps there's something there.
#45 Posted by Getz (3028 posts) -

black marsh or elsweyr. I'd be interested to see the racism reversed.

#46 Posted by ToxikPandaKoi (109 posts) -

the argonian place :D

#47 Posted by GravityProof (282 posts) -

New Vegas.

#48 Posted by carminescarf (59 posts) -
" space. "
That could be exciting.
#49 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2810 posts) -

I'd like then to go to ancient Summerset  Isle.  But I want it far back in history with the high eleves.  Maybe allow for some time travel where a small part of  the game is set 20 years after Skyrim, but then once you get out of prison you emerge into Summerset   3,500 years in the past.
#50 Posted by The_Grindilow (431 posts) -
@carminescarf said:
" @McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
" space. "
That could be exciting. "
Space + TES amusing melee attacks could only create complete genius. Moon Speedtree!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.