ALL the books in Skyrim

• 54 results
#1 Posted by Battery24 (13 posts) -

Hey, a guy put together an ebook with all the books in Skyrim...so yeah, if you need Skyrim when you're not playing Skyrim, here's to The Lusty Argonian Maid...http://capane.us/2011/11/24/dovahkiin-gutenberg/

Credit to Kyle Hilliard at Game Informer for posting this.

#2 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

That first paragraph is the only important part.

#3 Posted by MB (13275 posts) -

One of the comments on that page says on the smallest Kindle font setting, there are 1,665 pages. Nuts.

#4 Posted by bwheeeler (523 posts) -

@MB: By the Kindle metric, it's about as long as the longest Harry Potter book (Order of the Phoenix).

#5 Posted by TravistyOJ (45 posts) -

I'm the dude that did it. Crazy awesome how quickly it caught on. :)

#6 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I have over 100 different books that I've found stored in my house so that I can read them sometime, but I guess this would be much easier...

#7 Posted by Subjugation (4754 posts) -

Wabbajack is the only book that matters.

#8 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

I was quite thrilled to get this. Gonna have reading material for ages.

#9 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

@Capaneus said:

If this is true then hats off to you!

#10 Posted by DillonWerner (1520 posts) -

Does this work on Android phones?

#11 Posted by TravistyOJ (45 posts) -

@TheMustacheHero: Thanks! It just started out as something I wanted to do for myslef so I could read the books while I was at work, or on lunch break. And then I was like, why not release it to everyone. I had no idea I'd get almost 100K hits. Hopefully Beth Soft is cool with it.

#12 Posted by The_Tolman (435 posts) -

@Battery24: I can't download the kindle version on my macbook.

#13 Posted by briangodsoe (484 posts) -

How long until somebody prints and binds this?

#14 Posted by TravistyOJ (45 posts) -

@briangodsoe: Probably not long. Someone did it for Oblivion,

#15 Posted by The_Tolman (435 posts) -

@Capaneus: Cant Download the kindle version on my macbook. any suggestions?

#16 Posted by TravistyOJ (45 posts) -

What do you mean by, "can't download"? Like it's timing out, or its displaying in the browser? What browser are you using?

#17 Posted by The_Tolman (435 posts) -

@Capaneus: its displaying in the browser, I'm using safari

#18 Posted by The_Tolman (435 posts) -

Tried it in Chrome and it worked.

#19 Posted by Hector (3382 posts) -

@Capaneus said:

Congratulations! You did an amazing job. Going to read them on my way to school now. :)

#20 Posted by TravistyOJ (45 posts) -

@ProjectMayhem: Yeah, it seems like the MIME types on my server are not set up right, and since I have el cheapo hosting package, I can't tweak the .epub and .mobi MIME types to force a download, so some browsers thinks its a webpage.

#21 Posted by Tacoboy1986 (143 posts) -

Can I put this on my Ipod touch?

#22 Posted by byrjun (157 posts) -

Crazy cool! Could I have this for my iPhone please? I'm wondering, maybe I should just make my own script if all there is to it is getting in touch with the xml-file! I should theoretically know how to do that!

#23 Posted by MrCandleguy (812 posts) -
@Tacoboy1986 said:

Anyone? That would be awesome to know!
#24 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

Fucking awesome! Now someone just needs to make it into an audiobook

#25 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@MrCandleguy
@Tacoboy1986 said:

I am interested to know as well
#26 Posted by GoodKn1ght (491 posts) -

@Azteck said:

@MrCandleguy
@Tacoboy1986 said:

Well if you get the kindle version I'm sure it may be readable on the the kindle app but I don't know I don't have an ipod

#27 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

@Capaneus: I'm gifting you a premium yearly membership to Giant Bomb as part of the community's "pay it forward" plan for doing something awesome. Nice work duder.

#28 Posted by Nentisys (893 posts) -

@snide said:

@Capaneus: I'm gifting you a premium yearly membership to Giant Bomb as part of the community's "pay it forward" plan for doing something awesome. Nice work duder.

Nice! Well deserved.

#29 Posted by thellama042 (112 posts) -

Just downloaded both versions. Totally awesome, since I pass up most of the books in favor of shooting deer...

#30 Posted by Evilsbane (4810 posts) -

ALL Units!

#31 Posted by Example1013 (4807 posts) -

Psh, the greatest book is obviously the Mysterium Xarxes. ALL HAIL LORD DAGON.

#32 Posted by jakob187 (21787 posts) -

@Roger_Klotz said:

My books are in a big (pain in the ass to find one book) pile in my house. So I might look into this.

You DO know that you can put them on bookshelves, right? My stuff is very nice and neatly organized...sort of. Eventually, I'm going to go back through and organize everything by volume and such.

Yes, I'm actually collecting EVERY BOOK IN THE GAME to put into all my different houses.

#33 Posted by TravistyOJ (45 posts) -

@snide: Sweet!!! Thanks man! I'd been wanting to get premium, I've just been so broke lately. :)

#34 Edited by Tacoboy1986 (143 posts) -

@MrCandleguy: I figured it out. Download the free Kindle app, then on itunes go to the app tab and scroll down. You should see file sharing, select the kindle app and just throw the mobi file into the kindle documents. It worked for me.

#35 Posted by avidwriter (665 posts) -

epub version? Also are these really good? I never read any of the books in Oblivion.

#36 Edited by BombKareshi (979 posts) -
@Capaneus said:

@ProjectMayhem: Yeah, it seems like the MIME types on my server are not set up right, and since I have el cheapo hosting package, I can't tweak the .epub and .mobi MIME types to force a download, so some browsers thinks its a webpage.

Maybe just offer it in a zipped up format as a workaround? That should default to download in just about any browser.

I don't have a Kindle or any type of e-book reader, so I don't know what the impact will be on convenience.
#37 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

@Capaneus: Awesome work. Thanks for sharing your project with the internet :)

#38 Posted by Clinkz (1118 posts) -

This seems like a good idea. No way I would read that many pages in the game.

#39 Posted by AlexW00d (6494 posts) -

I'ma try my very best to get this to work with my WP7.5 kindle app, but I'm sceptical.

#40 Edited by MrCandleguy (812 posts) -
@Tacoboy1986 said:

@MrCandleguy: I figured it out. Download the free Kindle app, then on itunes go to the app tab and scroll down. You should see file sharing, select the kindle app and just throw the mobi file into the kindle documents. It worked for me.

Fucking life saver! +1 follower. 
#41 Posted by Getz (3173 posts) -

Bwahaha, Dovahkiin Gutenberg. I love it.

#42 Posted by Phoenix778m (273 posts) -

On my Droid Sensation phone I downloaded the epub version and my phone saved it as a .txt then I used Explorer app and renamed the file extension to .epub. I d/l'ed Moon Reader; a ebook app, and can read them on the go now. Thanks for the awesome upload.

#43 Posted by AlexW00d (6494 posts) -

@AlexW00d said:

I'ma try my very best to get this to work with my WP7.5 kindle app, but I'm sceptical.

I was sceptical, but I got it to work, albeit in a third party reader that isn't particularly good, but it's there. Shame it wouldn't work with Kindle.

#44 Edited by fetchfox (1377 posts) -

@Azteck said:

@MrCandleguy
@Tacoboy1986 said:

The EPUB version works great on my 3GS with iBooks (free itunes app). Just read Beggar, Thief, Warrior, and King on the buss, thank you a thousand times for this! Premium membership well deserved.

#45 Posted by Bane (463 posts) -

Thanks for the ebook. I've read some of the books in-game but the urge to explore is great. Now they're all on my phone to be read at my leisure. Too cool!

For the Android users who use the Kindle app: throw the mobi file into the sdcard/kindle folder, go to manage applications and force close the Kindle app. The next time you open the app Books of Skyrim will be there.

#46 Posted by Raidy (21 posts) -

Great work, thanks for the effort.. I tossed it on my phone (Droid3) and it works great with the Kindle reader app. I'm sure it will be even better on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 at home, certainly better than the odd font choices they use for some of the in-game books. Plus I always want to stop to read the books, but if they span more than a few pages I get kinda antsy and want to keep playing.

#47 Posted by TravistyOJ (45 posts) -
#48 Posted by Nev (565 posts) -

This is incredible, and worked perfectly on my Kindle. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this!

#49 Posted by Lenny (83 posts) -

Amazing! Thanks for putting this together Capaneus.

#50 Posted by Winternet (8081 posts) -

@Capaneus: Double thumbs up dude.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.