Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

first impressions

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BoFooQ

so I picked up skyrim yesterday after watching and seeing all the coverage of the game figure I would give it a shot even though I hated oblivian. So I picked it up yesterday than had to go to work at 6pm didn't get back till 4am. started playing as soon as I got home, at 8am went out to breakfast, than back to skyrim, at around 2-4pm fell asleep finally, just got up again and going to playing again after this. so that's like 8 hours of gameplay and I love it so far, and I haven't done alot it seems. I'm at the southern part of the map fighting lots of undead skeletons, using one handed weapon with shield or magic at same time. As far as loot goes seems like I've found alot of magical gear already, but suprised how all the weapons I find are all fairly close in damage range. As for leveling up, I haven't died more than 3-4 times so been sinking most points into stamnia since it seems to add to my carring capacity, is there anyother way to increase it? I haven't seem any dragons other than the one in the opening, but I have found a shout but apperenty can't do anything with it till I kill a dragon. oh well, I'm almost completely awake now so I'm going to go back to playing...

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By damswedon

@BoFooQ: From what I've heard dragons won't show up until you do the main quest called Dragon Rising.

BlackHeronBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BlackHeronBlue

Matter of fact I also hated oblivion. Fucking hated it. Skyrim I love. Possibly the best game I have ever played. See how things change?

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Doctorchimp

Yeah,

I fell in love with Morrowind, Oblivion really sucked. The level system and scaling and the utterly bland environment killed it for me.

But man, 15 hours in Skyrim...I think it's my favorite game of all time.

PiltdownMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By PiltdownMan

Daggerfall and Fallout 3 have been the two high points of Bethesda games for me so far, and probably in that order (Morrowind and Oblivion never really had me hooked), but I think that this one is going to have to take the top tier now unless I end up burning out quickly.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By themangalist

I won't call it best game ever, because frankly Skyrim reminded me of Gothic 2 more than anything, but I do like it a lot. Maybe as much as Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Maybe.

JimmyBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JimmyBones

Bethesda just rock in general they should make an MMO at some point.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I didn't fight a dragon or go to a major city besides Whiterun until I was level 28, there is an incredibly amount of things to do in this game.

ChaosDent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ChaosDent
    @BoFooQ: It seems like they scale some of the loot drops (in chests mostly) and store inventory to your level, so you won't see extremely powerful weapons or spells until your level goes up. Availability of some items may be tied to your skill level too, I'm not sure. To increase your carrying capacity, there is a perk you can pick up in pickpocket that gives you +100. I have also heard that one of the standing stones will increase your capacity another 100.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.