Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Nov 11, 2011

The fifth installment in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls franchise is set in the eponymous province of Skyrim, where the ancient threat of dragons, led by the sinister Alduin, is rising again to threaten all mortal races. Only the player, as the prophesied hero the Dovahkiin, can save the world from destruction.

Glitches are discouraging

Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Double0hFor

I'm currently level 35 which means I've played for some time and for all that I have yet to run into a big glitch until now. I'm trying to complete the second part of the quest "Blood on Ice" in Windhelm and right now I'm told to catch the killer but its glitched. From what I've read, I'm supposed to kill and loot him but because my game glitched, the killer is invincible which renders this quest impossible to complete. So far I haven't found any fix for it since I play it for 360. Also because of this, I doubt I can even buy the house.

Does anyone know if they're planning on shipping out a patch for these kinds of things? Also if there is a way to fix it, please help.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Double0hFor
    Reload an earlier save and choose a different route to finish the quest.
    There are at least 3 from memmory.
    For example you could just pin the blame on the court mage.
    Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Double0hFor

@Tennmuerti: I already did, that was the first half, apparently the killer is still out there so when I talk to the mage in jail, he says to go patrol the city but before I even step foot outside, it says to go catch him, pretty much saying I've searched and found him. He then runs to the house you're able to buy but he attacks on site and like I said earlier, he's invincible. Now I know I'm not the only who has experienced this since its a reported bug on the Skyrim wiki

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Double0hFor
    Then have you tried not putting the mage in jail?
    And just catching the killer straight away. (ie don't put the wizzard in jail)
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Tennmuerti said:
    @Double0hFor:  Then have you tried not putting the mage in jail? And just catching the killer straight away. (ie don't put the wizzard in jail)
    This might work. There is more then just one way to finish this quest. 
    Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Double0hFor

@The_Laughing_Man: @Tennmuerti: I wish I could but I did the first part way earlier in the game, around when I was in the teen levels when I first visited the city so that solution is out of the question

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By kashif1

I havn't played Skyrim but in oblivion glitches like this could be fixed by doing another quest and then coming back to the area later.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.